Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2008 3:52:20 PM EDT
I am leaning twoard a LaRue free float, but am undecided. Also, I don't know what length to get, and if I should go to a folding front sight? any suggestions and pictures of your rifles would be helpull.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Get whatever length you want to achieve the desired sight radius. Yes you will need a front sight, but only if you go with a low-profile gas block instead of a FSB. If you choose to run an FSB you will limit your options as far as rail length.

ETA: if you decide to go with a LaRue you need at least the 10" rail to completely cover a low-profile gas block.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Daniel Defense Omega 9.0
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
ETA: if you decide to go with a LaRue you need at least the 10" rail to completely cover a low-profile gas block.

Actually he'd need an 11.0 to completely cover a gas block and a 9.0 if he wants to use a regular front site base.

If you're leaning towards a LaRue rail, then try out their Weapon Profiler. That should help you decide how you'd like to set it up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually he'd need an 11.0 to completely cover a gas block and a 9.0 if he wants to use a regular front site base.

If you're leaning towards a LaRue rail, then try out their Weapon Profiler. That should help you decide how you'd like to set it up.

Then the Vltor 10" VIS is longer than they claim, both of my Noveske middies have Vltor low-profile gas blocks that are flush with the end of the VIS-2A rail.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then the Vltor 10" VIS is longer than they claim, both of my Noveske middies have Vltor low-profile gas blocks that are flush with the end of the VIS-2A rail.

Vltor gasblocks are shorter than some others. An example would be the LaRue lowpro gasblock, which is longer than most as it was designed to cover any unparkerized parts of a barrel that have  had a FSB removed.

Just some food for thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top