Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/22/2005 7:18:01 PM EDT
Does anyone know what happend to PWA Company and what years they produced receivers? MY receiver has a sn 42,xxx and I would like to determine the year of manufacture. Are there receivers any good? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:04:59 PM EDT
I've recently built an AR from a PWA lower. I had my lower in storage since pre-Y2K days. h.gif Mine is # 40xxx bought it new back in 1999. *its my favorite*
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 11:09:13 PM EDT
turned into........

essential?

will be corrected in 4,3,2,....
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 1:42:20 AM EDT
LMT's also based in Milan, and has a similar logo.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:46:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Not_A_Llama:
LMT's also based in Milan, and has a similar logo.

That's because LMT manufactured the lowers for PWA
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 3:37:28 AM EDT
......and until just recently LMT was selling NOS PWA lowers to different vendors such as RB precision.
As far as I know LMT has always made the PWA lowers. I have PWA and LMT lowers and they are virtually identical except for the lettering in the logo.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:24:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mikeinkc:
I have PWA and LMT lowers and they are virtually identical except for the lettering in the logo.

I would have to agree 100%. I own a RB RB precision PWA lower and several LMT's. I do not see any differences between them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:30:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:

I have PWA and LMT lowers and they are virtually identical except for the lettering in the logo.

I would have to agree 100%. I own a RB RB precision PWA lower and several LMT's. I do not see any differences between them.

I wish I could get my hands on a couple more of these PWA lowers. They were a real value for what RB P was selling them for.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 6:16:54 AM EDT
I remember hearing that PWA closed their doors, and RRA bought some or all of thier assets.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:34:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mongo001:

I wish I could get my hands on a couple more of these PWA lowers. They were a real value for what RB P was selling them for.

They were very nice lowers at a great price. I liked mine so much I registered it SBR.

Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:36:54 AM EDT

They were very nice lowers at a great price. I liked mine so much I registered it SBR.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/SBRLMT2.jpg

I got two. One is idle right now in my safe and the other I traded to my OIF vet bro-in-law after he returned from Iraq. Sort of wish I hadn't in a way, but then again, he deserves a good one, so I don't feel bad about it.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 8:40:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2005 8:41:30 AM EDT by Va_Dinger]

They were very nice lowers at a great price. I liked mine so much I registered it SBR. I planned on it, but waited to long.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/SBRLMT2.jpg

I got two. One is idle right now in my safe and the other I traded to my OIF vet bro-in-law after he returned from Iraq. Sort of wish I hadn't in a way, but then again, he deserves a good one, so I don't feel bad about it.

I wish now that I had bought at least one more. I planned on it, but waited too long and they sold out.
Top Top