Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2009 2:46:06 PM EDT
I was toying with the idea of putting something other than the std A2 comp. on my SPR.  I currently have a LT 18" stealth upper on order, and out of the all the options LaRue sells for comp/supp, which would you choose and why?  I'd rather get one from LT since I can just have them put it on my stealth for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:12:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I used the PWS FSC556 on my Stealth.  I have the 18" with the 13.2" rail as well.  I've found it does an excellent job as a comp and it looks badass on my Stealth SPR.  LaRue carries that and can install it for you.  I did mine myself, it was no big deal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I used the PWS FSC556 on my Stealth.  I have the 18" with the 13.2" rail as well.  I've found it does an excellent job as a comp and it looks badass on my Stealth SPR.  LaRue carries that and can install it for you.  I did mine myself, it was no big deal.

Do you have have a pic? Thinking about the same exact set up.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Which one is it? Link?
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
What about this one:  http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=106

Other than looking cool, does it add any functional benefit?  It says it increases accuracy, really?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]
bump
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I run the same PWS comp on my gun... No it will not do anything to increase the mechanical accuracy of your weapon, it will however almost completely eliminate muzzle rise which will enable you to make quicker follow up shots

On the downside it is quite louder than the stock flash hider, be sure to wear quality hearing protection (which you should be doing anyway) especially if running drills in buildings or from vehicles
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:51:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I run the same PWS comp on my gun... No it will not do anything to increase the mechanical accuracy of your weapon, it will however almost completely eliminate muzzle rise which will enable you to make quicker follow up shots

On the downside it is quite louder than the stock flash hider, be sure to wear quality hearing protection (which you should be doing anyway) especially if running drills in buildings or from vehicles

Are you talking about this one?
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=166
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:58:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, same one
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:59:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which one is it? Link?

This one: PWS FSC556

ETA:  Checked my photos and no, I don't have any pics of that gun with it.  Primary Weapons Systems website does have mounted pics and a video of the comp in action.  Here
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#10]
What are your opinions on this one: http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=106

In all honesty, this is for my SPR build which will most lkely never bee used as a defensive weapon, i just kinda wanted something that looked different from my other ARs, am i wasting my money?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Here is a pic of mine mounted...

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t37/wayneard3413/SDC10170.jpg

In all honesty, if you are only going to be firing from the bench you probably won't see much of a difference
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:08:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Vortex is a great flash suppressor, in the same league with AAC Blackout, but a much better FH than the standard A2.  I have several of them on my go to guns.  It is not a comp or a brake so on an accuracy rig you will get some muzzle movement.  It is very easy to install, no washers to time, in fact no washers at all are required.  The thing takes less than 10 foot-pounds of torque, it's so easy my daughter could install it.

FYI:  Both the FSC556 ad the Vortex can be found cheaper than what is listed on LaRue's site.  I usually pick them up from Brownells.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Vortex is a great flash suppressor, in the same league with AAC Blackout, but a much better FH than the standard A2.  I have several of them on my go to guns.  It is not a comp or a brake so on an accuracy rig you will get some muzzle movement.  It is very easy to install, no washers to time, in fact no washers at all are required.  The thing takes less than 10 foot-pounds of torque, it's so easy my daughter could install it.

FYI:  Both the FSC556 ad the Vortex can be found cheaper than what is listed on LaRue's site.  I usually pick them up from Brownells.

So the Vortex will have more muzzle movement than the Std A2?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the Vortex will have more muzzle movement than the Std A2?

I wouldn't say that, I was contrasting it to a brake.  My Vortex's do a good job of hiding flash, which is all they're designed to do.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#15]
I went ahead and ordered the FSC, not sure how much a compensator is needed for a 5.56, but it certainly looks cool.  I guess it could be helpful for follow up shots since I plan on putting  a high power scope on this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I have that PWS comp.  It preforms as advertised.  Hardly any muddle rise.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the OPS INC brake-collar
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

LaRue has the vortex listed for $51, Brownells for $55 and change.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I always have a Vortex or two on hand, just because they work well and don't have to be timed via washer.

I also like the Ops set-up, but then again, I have several Ops cans.  A sound suppressor makes an excellent flash suppressor as well.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LaRue has the vortex listed for $51, Brownells for $55 and change.

Yeah, but with the C&R discount, Brownells price is $44.33.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top