Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2002 12:13:39 PM EDT
What will cause more damage on a hard target; AR15 or Desert Eagle .50? Would anyone take a Desert Eagle over their AR15?
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.  I'd take any rifle at 50yds (including a 10/22) over the DE .50.  I'll get my hits, then worry about penetration.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
What good is .50 Action Express in a combat situation?
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
To big and slow,if you want big get a good 12ga.
They are faster and and have a MUCH bigger kill zone if you want long rang get a M1A,you can shot out to 1,000 yards+ and you can get up and fight with it if you need to.

Link Posted: 9/12/2002 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The Desert Anchor....er, Eagle is big, heavy, noisy and unreliable. As such it has no place in a combat situation.

I have heard it is excellent for those with an oversized machismo and undersized penis who want to impress blonde bimbo's at the range. I can attest to two of these three conditions occurring at my local pistol range.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The Desert Anchor....er, Eagle is big, heavy, noisy and unreliable. As such it has no place in a combat situation.

I have heard it is excellent for those with an oversized machismo and undersized penis who want to impress blonde bimbo's at the range. I can attest to two of these three conditions occurring at my local pistol range.

My thoughts exactly. I had a Desert Eagle .44 a couple years back. It was a total piece of shit. Jams,ftf,fte,stovepipes. I couldn't hit shit with it, neither could anyone else that shot it. Glad I got rid of it.

( Oh and my penis is pretty good sized for a white guy)
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#6]
What good is a DE .50 good for ? Other than blowing people away? Interested in geting one but is it worth the price. Is the ammo expensive? Alot of questions, dont want to make a mistake.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What good is a DE .50 good for ? Other than blowing people away? Interested in geting one but is it worth the price. Is the ammo expensive? Alot of questions, dont want to make a mistake.

Well for starters, Don't expect to get your money back out of a desert eagle. You'll be lucky to get a little over half of what you paid for it when you're ready to sell. They don't hold thier value. The ammo isn't cheap by any means. They are notorious for jamming in .50  If you don't believe me buy one and learn the hard way
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Desert Eagle and .50AE aside there is ample anicdotal evidence that a large slow projectile will do significant damage to a target even at fairly long range. I have a .500 linebaugh that launches over an ounce of lead at about 1200 FPS out of a 5.5 inch barrel and has been known to knock Cape buffs as well as Elephant down with one shot. Im sure that in a combat situation you could dispatch even armored individuals with regularity. It would be overkill in my estimation, humans are soft and chewy! Lol!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Buddy of mine had a 357 DE.

POS would never cycle the whole way shut.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top