Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 12:23:53 PM EDT
Sorry, a totally noob question but what BUIS is this?

http://www.adtdl.army.mil/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/3-22.9/image1582.jpg

I saw it a bit back on this forum, looks like a knight's BUIS but has the elevation knobs on the side.. can't find any info on it anywhere. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#1]
According to 3rdtk, it sucks ass.  Someone made them for the special ops folks but they break all the time.  That's what I remember of it anyway.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
The spec ops guys did not request what it turned out like. actually no one did, but Picatinny went ahead and designed them and then went pushing them out to folks that had no choice or say. The 600 meter KAC and the ARMS #40 are by far still the best out there.
Jack
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmm, I actually HAVE one.  It works fine, seems very robust.  I'm not an operator, and I haven't slept at a Holiday Inn, but I don't baby it either.  

What part actually breaks on this sight?  It is a helluva lot more robust than the KAC BUISs I've seen.  Not the 600m but the other model.  The only part that I can see that would be prone to breakage would be the popup portion, and just about anything will break when you snag it.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
The KAC 300 is the most KISS sight - but is very robust.

My only problem with the #40 is I have iced up the sight and it has been frozen down...
That led me back to the KAC 300

Link Posted: 11/8/2003 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of those when they first showed up for like $100. Never mounted it though... Anyone looking to buy one?
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmm email sent!
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The KAC 300 is the most KISS sight - but is very robust. ....  
View Quote

Do you use your KAC 300 with out the insert?

Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#8]
YES
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#9]
If you and the yute can't work something out, give me a shout.  I had a bud sell his and has regretted it since.  He wants another one.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top