Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2022 11:42:28 PM EDT
They're out of stock everywhere and seem to be going for $150 on Gunbroker. Did KAC discontinue the part or is it just a temporary supply issue driving the price up? I'd had them on my Aimpoint Micros in the past. Just picked up a new T2 and wanted to get one only to find this craziness.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discontinued and it's KAC so people feel they have something special.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Discontinued and it's KAC so people feel they have something special.
View Quote

They aren’t discontinued. There was just a big drop of them last week where if you were on every KAC waiting list on the internet you could get them for $40

It’s all KAC groupie and reseller bullshit. It really kills the brand for me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#3]
They aren’t discontinued.  Just bought one last week to spray paint.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They aren’t discontinued.  Just bought one last week to spray paint.
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I also thought they were discontinued. I could use another one, but not for secondary market prices. Glad to hear they are still making them occasionally.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#6]
If you guys are ok with it, there are some decent quality made overseas by Fight Club Customs.

I also saw that someone made some on Reddit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]

All the airsoft copies are OOS as well. Too funny.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:00:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I tried to purchase four but I’m not giving that kind of money for battery storage! I cut a 3” Ranger band from a inner tube and slipped it on my Vertical Grip with a spare battery  under the Ranger band. Cost me 10 cents
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:53:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Similar are being made by other stateside companies.

If you want KAC, wait and buy KAC.

Personally I think it’s ridiculous, my grip can house a shitload of CR2032s.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#10]
What does it do different than the aimpoint battery cap?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Spare battery storage and KAC logo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:18:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dress up your Aimpoint T-1 sight, show off your Knight’s pride, and store an additional backup battery for your sight. Knight’s Armament Aimpoint T-1 Micro sight battery cap replaces the standard cap and allows for an extra battery to be stored under the cap. Black anodized aluminum with laser engraved Knight’s Armament logo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dress up your Aimpoint T-1 sight, show off your Knight's pride, and store an additional backup battery for your sight. Knight's Armament Aimpoint T-1 Micro sight battery cap replaces the standard cap and allows for an extra battery to be stored under the cap. Black anodized aluminum with laser engraved Knight's Armament logo.
Copy pasted straight out of the brochure no doubt.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

In addition, it offers some grip traction over the standard rheostat. Some rheostat's are looser and some are tighter. It can help. The swag factor is nice too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 6:46:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In addition, it offers some grip traction over the standard rheostat. Some rheostat's are looser and some are tighter. It can help. The swag factor is nice too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2022 8:30:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's where I am at, the thicker T-2/H-2 are easier to turn than the thinner T-1/H-1.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's where I am at, the thicker T-2/H-2 are easier to turn than the thinner T-1/H-1.
View Quote

The dial on my T-2 is a lot harder to turn than the multiple T-1s that I've had.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The dial on my T-2 is a lot harder to turn than the multiple T-1s that I've had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's interesting as one of the marketing selling points for the T2 was the crispness of the dial.  What I found, owning multiple of each, is the T2 dials are usually stiffer and mushier.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't really see the point for a T2 other than looks. I just swap the battery annually for peace of mind. Now a battery cover that holds two batteries for my LPVOs would be nice. Because they are battery hogs and I've forgotten to turn the dot off a few times. Which is why I keep a couple spares in my range bag.

And yeah, my T2 rheostat is very hard to move and kind of mushy feeling. But it stays put at whatever setting I have it at.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Rooftop Defense had them today.

OOS immediately.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#21]
If this was a battery extender for an eotech I could see the point, but for the battery life of a t1/t2, I don't get it. Even left on continuously, your rifle will be rusty or obsolete before the battery in your optic dies.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 2:03:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If this was a battery extender for an eotech I could see the point, but for the battery life of a t1/t2, I don't get it. Even left on continuously, your rifle will be rusty or obsolete before the battery in your optic dies.
View Quote

I've had the battery die on me during range days. I don't always carry button cell batteries on me, so the battery cap comes in handy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 5:48:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh, I like having 10 years of onboard battery life.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#24]
They look cool, but mine failed during a night shoot.  The stock cap is best cap.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:17:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even beyond that I have my cap out more for if say a LPVO battery dies. Easier to carry a spare on an offset than anywhere else if I forget to turn off nuclear brightness.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They look cool, but mine failed during a night shoot.  The stock cap is best cap.
View Quote

Could you elaborate on the failure?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top