Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2004 11:00:29 PM EDT
I'm interested in buying a factory certified pre ban Eagle Arms AR lower, and the seller describes it as "black" in color.

I was under the impression that all Eagle Arms ARs' of that era were grey. Are my assumptions wrong?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Eagle or Essential?

Essential Arms were cast, and were a light grey.

Kind of a bad photo, but...

[img]http://www.misplaced.net/~obremski/toy/m4.jpg[/img]

The upper is a Colt M4, in their flat black..the lower is an Essential Arms, in grey. I haven't had it refinished yet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Every PB Eagle I've ever seen was GREY (& beautiful).
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a pre-ban Eagle and it is black. I have owned it since before the ban.HTH
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#4]
The lowers are a dark dark grey that can look black if oiled up.  The uppers never matched and were always a lighter, almost Colt grey.

Here's an Eagle lower with a black Colt M4 upper on it:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=18185[/img]

The lower is definitely lighter than the Colt upper, but not much.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#5]
It's most definitely an [b]Eagle Arms[/b] lower.

So... is it really dark grey or were some pre bans black?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the vote is 2 to 1 in favor of dark grey...
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#7]
My preban Eagle is grey.

[img]http://home.comcast.net/~s0ulzer0/pixx/Eagle01.jpg[/img]

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Both of my pre-ban Eagles are dark grey, but they are mid production.  Its entirely possible before they became Armalite that they could have produced some black guns.  I seem to remember Stokes selling one that looked pretty damn black.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#9]
The first ones were the early Colt grey Sandstorm 9 finish 1989-91/92. Starting in 1992 they were finished in a simliar Color to Colt's Blue Label products at that time.

The very last few that made it to market before the 1994 ban were closer to the current Charcoal Black...not very many out there.

Armalite will confirm the Serial # for you.

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an preban Eagle Arms EA15 (Coal Valley) lower, SN# in the 11xxx range, it is definitely medium gray, not black. Can't speak for any others.

my baby:
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/085182.JPG[/img]

the top upper is an Olympic older A1(teardrop FA, no brass bump) that was on it when I bought it, the one that's on it is a brand new DPMS 11.5" XM177E2 style upper, both are quite black.

I wish I could find a new preban upper in the medium gray....
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a late Preban, factory rifle and it is black. Could'nt call if grey if you tried.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#12]
My pre-ban eagle is grey, but you have to look very hard to see that its grey. A paccing glance and it looks black. It is an early version with the SER. Number in the low 2xxx
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine is a pre-ban (white stamp) EA-15 and it's jet black.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Again I have a low serial # Coal Valley lower and it is BLACK.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all the help guys, but the guy who posted the lower for sale sold it out from under me! [furious]

No warning. No mention of other interested parties. No chance to match an offer. No nothing!

One minute we are negotiating the terms of the sale, and then the next, I receive an IM stating that the lower was sold.

Bad sellers etiquette, if you ask me!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the help guys, but the guy who posted the lower for sale sold it out from under me! [furious]

No warning. No mention of other interested parties. No chance to match an offer. No nothing!

One minute we are negotiating the terms of the sale, and then the next, I receive an IM stating that the lower was sold.

Bad sellers etiquette, if you ask me!
View Quote

Sorry for your loss, that is plain bullshit!
I hope it wasn't here in the EE??

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 10:45:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I hope it wasn't here in the EE??

~ s0ulzer0
View Quote

I'm guessing it was - page 1 of Rifles & Lowers...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm guessing it was - page 1 of Rifles & Lowers...
View Quote

BINGO... give that man a cigar!!!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top