Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/4/2006 5:08:15 PM EDT
Told them I wanted to buy a stripped lower, they said what do you wnat, I said a Stag, they said never heard of them. I left with copy of FFL and blessings to ship to them. While this store is geared more to "big money guns" as I call them- collectables, they do have a wide variety.
I kind of figured such a well promoted name here would be known- even in small town Ohio.
( I still am ordering the stag from kiser)

Feedback?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:23:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2006 5:24:35 PM EDT by schwindj]
I dont like dealing with people that dont know what I am talking about. I wouldnt buy a X brand car from a someone who only knows about Mercedes. I would rather support those who know what they are doing. THat is why I really only support Texas Tactical, because the guy there has an interest in ARs and is very knowledgable.

Though it is good that they said that they would accept the transfer.

James
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:31:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/4/2006 5:46:04 PM EDT by FlyingFive0]
Different strokes for different folks. At least the guy said he would do a transfer for you so you could get what you want and that is a plus for them in my book.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:34:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:38:32 PM EDT
I've had a few gun shops tell me they won't deal with stripped lowers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:46:09 PM EDT
When I ordered my RRA lower I had it shipped to the nearest FFA they had on file. Guy was real nice, all the parts came in at once, but for what ever reason the approval didn't go through right away. I asked for the upper and LPK, he said fine, but then handed me the lower.... When I gave it back to him he looked puzzled, so I had to explain that the lower was the part I couldn't take today. He nodded and said "that makes sense..." Nice guy, but not going back there.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:51:40 PM EDT
How much they charging for the transfer?

No Expert
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:53:11 PM EDT
My local gun store was cool with me purchasing Stripped lowers with their FFL. They get a Transfer fee for basically doing nothing but some paperwork.

Since they were willing to let you use their FFL, they sound like a good place to do business.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:00:26 AM EDT
as long as they are willing to transfer one for you and a fair price i dont see the problem with it.

i have noticed that a lot of local shops are uninformed or dont keep up with the times too well. hell i have seen some that still pitch the pre-ban crap.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:17:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
as long as they are willing to transfer one for you and a fair price i dont see the problem with it.

i have noticed that a lot of local shops are uninformed or dont keep up with the times too well. hell i have seen some that still pitch the pre-ban crap.

And selling stuff like it was pre ban times all over again
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:12:37 AM EDT
$25.00 FOR TRANSFER

dpms lowers were going for $110+tax+$5.00 to get in at a show.
I kind of like the idea of stopping on my way home from work and picking it up, then let UPS bring me the rest.

Top Top