Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2010 3:03:28 PM EDT
I've been collecting parts and putting together my upper for a few weeks now. The parts list is as follows:

"keyhole" upper (forget manufacturer)
BCM 22410 stainless 16" 1:8 barrel with IonBond
BCM M16 BCG
Troy Industries DOA rear sight
Troy industries M4 flip up front sight
Daniel Defense Omega X 9.0 handguards/rail
BattleComp
DSaniel Defense low profile gas block

Pics to come soon. I have only one problem: it seems like the bolt is tight in the barrel extension. The more I work the bolt manually, the better it seems to get. Is this normal for all brand new parts- they just need to "wear" together?
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Ppppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccsssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]

SIR,NO SIR! I took pics but they came out shitty (too much flash) so I'll retake them in the sunshine tomorrow and post them then SIR!

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Im gonna tag this and i want pic within the next 24hrs Edit nice gun came out awesome hope you have fun shooting it!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 2:42:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet looking rifle!! I'm not a big fan of fixed stocks but that's just me! Looks good though man!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks good
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sweet looking rifle!! I'm not a big fan of fixed stocks but that's just me! Looks good though man!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in NY so collapsible stocks on a post ban lower are a no-no.

Link Posted: 8/31/2010 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Oh dang I forgot you posted that earlier. Actually....... looking back on the pictures, it's already kinda growing on me. I like the fixed stock and free float rail combo for some reason.... hm.......

On a side note: what sense does it make to ban collapsible stocks?
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice looking gun.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh dang I forgot you posted that earlier. Actually....... looking back on the pictures, it's already kinda growing on me. I like the fixed stock and free float rail combo for some reason.... hm.......

It makes NO sense to me at all! My problem is that if I had a preban lower receiver, I could build it ANY WAY I wanted! Collapsible stock, true flash hider, bayo lug- all the good stuff! PLUS- no post ban "normal" (30 round) mags allowed- preban mags only. When my son, girlfriend, and I went to Ohio in July to Cedar Point, my son said " Dad, let's move to Ohio." I think he was onto something....

Link Posted: 9/1/2010 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

anytime i see someone post pics with a fixed stock i look to see where they are from.  almost always NY.  my wife had job opportunities in the north east that she eventually turned down because they couldn't pay her enough for cost of living increases but we were going to have to live in PA so that so that i could keep my toys.  your son is wise beyond his years.  escape to a free state while you can!
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#14]
It looks great, the 1/8 barrel was a great choice.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Good looking gun
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#16]
What do you think of the battlecomp? I've heard pretty good preliminary reports; could always use more opinions before I get one.

I wonder if it'll do better than the Surefire or PWS FSC comps
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Carbine length gas system?
Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice rifle gunner-1!  As for your tight bolt, I don't know.  The bolt that came with my barrel for the build below was tight, but not so tight that it ws hanging up or anything on dry run fit tests.  Once everything was cleaned, assembled, and properly lubed up, i did not notice much of any stickiness.  If you can hand-cycle it ok, lube it up and shoot it.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

anytime i see someone post pics with a fixed stock i look to see where they are from.  almost always NY.  my wife had job opportunities in the north east that she eventually turned down because they couldn't pay her enough for cost of living increases but we were going to have to live in PA so that so that i could keep my toys.  your son is wise beyond his years.  escape to a free state while you can!

kchustle, I saw your post and just had to chime in...

I live in WI, and we have no restrictions as far as stocks go, other than a rifle needs to have one.  I just finished my first AR build project.  I really wanted to put a UBR on this rifle, because based on what I've read, the UBR is sort of the 'best of both the fixed and colapsible stock worlds.'  But, the UBR did not fit into my budget for the build.  I have M4 type stocks on my other 3 ARs, but I wanted to try something different; possibly something more solid.  Considering the barrel and other components I planned to use, I considered the M4,MOE, and CTR stocks, but felt they might be too light.  I ended up deciding to go with an A1 stock.  After assembling and handling the rifle, I found the A1 stock to be quite comfortable.  After shooting the rifle with the A1 stock, I am seriously considering chagning one of my other M4 stocks out for an A1, and I will certainly consider an A1 for a future build project if it suits the project (I wouldn't go as far as to A1 an SBR).  I REALLY like the A1 stock A LOT.  It just seems to have clicked for me.  Mileage may vary depending on the user.

Link Posted: 9/2/2010 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nice rifle gunner-1!  As for your tight bolt, I don't know.  The bolt that came with my barrel for the build below was tight, but not so tight that it ws hanging up or anything on dry run fit tests.  Once everything was cleaned, assembled, and properly lubed up, i did not notice much of any stickiness.  If you can hand-cycle it ok, lube it up and shoot it.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

kchustle, I saw your post and just had to chime in...

I live in WI, and we have no restrictions as far as stocks go, other than a rifle needs to have one.  I just finished my first AR build project.  I really wanted to put a UBR on this rifle, because based on what I've read, the UBR is sort of the 'best of both the fixed and colapsible stock worlds.'  But, the UBR did not fit into my budget for the build.  I have M4 type stocks on my other 3 ARs, but I wanted to try something different; possibly something more solid.  Considering the barrel and other components I planned to use, I considered the M4,MOE, and CTR stocks, but felt they might be too light.  I ended up deciding to go with an A1 stock.  After assembling and handling the rifle, I found the A1 stock to be quite comfortable.  After shooting the rifle with the A1 stock, I am seriously considering chagning one of my other M4 stocks out for an A1, and I will certainly consider an A1 for a future build project if it suits the project (I wouldn't go as far as to A1 an SBR).  I REALLY like the A1 stock A LOT.  It just seems to have clicked for me.  Mileage may vary depending on the user

Hopefully you didn't take my comment to mean that the A1 isn't worthy because I didn't mean it that way.  I was just pointing out the correlation between fixed stocks and left wing states.  Both guns look great.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:59:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Carbine length gas system?

No, it's a mid-length.

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 5:00:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What do you think of the battlecomp? I've heard pretty good preliminary reports; could always use more opinions before I get one.

I got to shoot it yesterday and I LOVE the BattleComp!! It pushes the rifle straight back into the shoulder with no left/right deflection. Get one!

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:25:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got to shoot it yesterday and I LOVE the BattleComp!! It pushes the rifle straight back into the shoulder with no left/right deflection. Get one!

So that's the rifle you were talking about ... I like that rail (I'm a DD fanboy ) ... real nice looking rifle!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Gunner-1, that's a nice rifle. Now we want to see the targets after you shoot them.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It makes NO sense to me at all! My problem is that if I had a preban lower receiver, I could build it ANY WAY I wanted! Collapsible stock, true flash hider, bayo lug- all the good stuff! PLUS- no post ban "normal" (30 round) mags allowed- preban mags only. When my son, girlfriend, and I went to Ohio in July to Cedar Point, my son said " Dad, let's move to Ohio." I think he was onto something....

Tell me about it, man.  Your rifle looks very nice, except for the fixed stock ... but I know that's not your fault!  I opted to get a collapsible style stock (M4 stock) pinned so that it is fixed.  It's the one bastard part of my AR that I'm not happy with.  Since I have everything else Spike's Tactical, the RRA M4 stock just doesn't go.  Unfortunately, it was the cheapest option for a fixed collapsible-style NY legal stock, so I took it.

Also, I thought that the Battlecomp 1.0 was not determined to be a non-flash-suppressing device?  I remember some talk about the Battlecomp 1.5 being released to comply with NY AWB laws, but thought that the initial run did not comply.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks really good! I'm not a big carbine fan, but something about that one draws me to it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me about it, man.  Your rifle looks very nice, except for the fixed stock ... but I know that's not your fault!  I opted to get a collapsible style stock (M4 stock) pinned so that it is fixed.  It's the one bastard part of my AR that I'm not happy with.  Since I have everything else Spike's Tactical, the RRA M4 stock just doesn't go.  Unfortunately, it was the cheapest option for a fixed collapsible-style NY legal stock, so I took it.

Also, I thought that the Battlecomp 1.0 was not determined to be a non-flash-suppressing device?  I remember some talk about the Battlecomp 1.5 being released to comply with NY AWB laws, but thought that the initial run did not comply.

I've been told that it WAS good to go in forums. I also contacted the company itself and they said that it meets California's stringent rules for flash suppression and that they have sold SEVERAL to other NY'ers, but I had to proceed "at your own risk." I feel I'm gtg. I thought the problem was that the 1.0's were short so they didn't help people who wanted a barrel right at the 16" mark.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top