Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/26/2003 4:43:41 PM EDT
Is anyone else having this problem. I ordered a 24" varminter with nothing extra or special and it is over two weeks late.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I'm not having that problem.

But, seriously, have you called?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Twice, once I was told that the back ordered parts were in and all the Varminters on order were getting made. A week later I was told that they were building Varminters and it would be out very soon. Last call was 10 days ago.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You are in good company.  JimH is in his 7th week[told 2-3] on a 24" Varminter from Georgia Precision.

I am glad that I only have AR-10 and .458 SOCOM fever at this time.

Dave S

BTW, he was told 2-3 MORE weeks.  

Yooz gyz could have had an Armalite M14A4(T) @ $600.00  [hmmmm, Lothar Walther barrel]

plus an Eagle Arms lower w/NM trigger @ $325.00 from Quantico Arms

or a RRA lower w/NM trigger from Pete in NH @ $317.00

but(t)...........NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  [BD]  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard of waits up to three months on special orders, but they don't seem to even be able to meet their schedule for stock rifles right now.  Not suprising, I guess, because of their popularity.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two RRA's, both came within two weeks of order date. All manufacturers are supposedly backordered due to LEO and MIL contracts.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
...and I'm sure you're aware that RRA has just moved the manufacturing facility...a couple weeks down time, at least. Sit tight. You're RRA will make you very happy once you get it. Time waiting will be well spent!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
i guees i'm a lucky one.  picked up a 24" varmint on saturday.  the dealer had 3 and i bought the 3rd one all by noon at a gunshow.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Hello,

Took me 6 or 7 weeks to get mine....  But I called almost daily.  lol  Steve kept me pretty up to date on things.  Trust me the wait is well worth it...

Goodluck!

_Lloyd

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm on week 14 on my elite tactical car ar with le comp. The first one came in 7weeks and 4 days after I ordered it but it was an le only model collapsible stock and bayo lug. I'm not real happy about it but the le only one I handle was the nicest ar I've seen. I'm hoping to see my new toy soon.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:17:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I placed my order on April 15th. I spoke with my dealer and he said RRA is totally backed up. I don't think anyone can do anything about ir at this time. Please remember, the dealers do not have any control over the factory. If you want an RRA NOW, go to gunbroker and but one from stock. Make sure you verify they are in stock.
I can wait.
I just kep in mind the quality and fit of what soon will come.

RRA 20" varminter w/houge front end.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:14:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I had the same problem with dealers being backordered and out of stock.  I had the good fortune of driving by RRA on my way to work every day, so I just stopped in and picked one up!  Sorry if I got one that was supposed to go to one of you!  All I got was a standard A2 lower, but I did get the last 20" varmint upper from ADCO...

Edited to add - The new place is pretty nice, I hope they can bump up production!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:48:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Nothing new about that. A year and a half ago I ordered a stripped lower and it still took six weeks for delivery. I ordered another stripped lower about 4 months ago and that took 6 weeks.

RRA is a much smaller company than Bushmaster. Probably doesn't have nearly the same amount of employees. That's probably one of the reasons RRA hasn't gone up much on their prices while Bushmaster has marked theirs up quite a bit: A RRA M-4 style carbine lists for $850.00; a comparable Bushie lists for $1065.00. I'd rather see RRA take their time, keep prices down, put out an outstanding product instead of rushing the production line.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered my TASC on May 2... Still waiting for mine also. This is my first one and the wait is killing me. My wife ordered it while I was still deployed and was told about 3 weeks, I was almost more excited to see the rifle than I was her! The only answer I get is they're backed up. 9 weeks so far.... It had better be worth it!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I just called and ordered a complete lower half and Steve told 1-2 weeks I know I'm in for a wait but I knew that going in . It aint the first time and wont be the last . Hang in there it will show up they are after all in business to make money .
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#15]
My last one took a long time to get here, but it was a wait well worth it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I ordered my 24" the end of april and still waiting it's making me crazy!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
RRA is a much smaller company than Bushmaster. Probably doesn't have nearly the same amount of employees.
View Quote

That's exactly right.  When I was in there the other day, I saw almost everyone, and it was probably less than 20 people TOTAL.  But it's cool that they can put out such a great product like that and keep prices low.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I ordered a RRA 20" varmint, Waited six weeks ....no word. Called and they had no record of my order. FELL OUT!!!! CALMED DOWN....REORDERED, after a long chat. Received three weeks later.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:07:13 AM EDT
[#19]
My dealer called me at work yesterday and said he talked to RRA and they told him "the back ordered part came in and it should ship this week". I'm like a little kid at Christmas....is it here yet? Huh, is it here yet?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:29:48 AM EDT
[#20]
There's a bigger issue here that noone is understanding. RRA simply is lacking in the customer service department and that is their major downfall! I don't know how many of you run businesses yourselves or how many of you are in the gun business, but I run a business to pay for school and I am also now in the gun business as well. The main problem with RRA is as follows: RRA is screwing people over b/c they refuse to give a realistic wait time. What I mean by this is that their wait times that they are quoting people do not compensate for screw-ups and back-ordered parts. When you call to inquire about your order, you most likely get attitude by some employee who can't find your order forms and is none too happy to be talking to you on the phone. After waiting 6 weeks out of our 4 week wait, RRA told us here at On Point Firearms "Oh well, we are waiting on barrels, you're gonna have to wait longer!" When we asked about how much longer it would be they said "I dunno, maybe 2 weeks?" If you run a business the first thing you know is that you should always overestimate any wait times on special orders. It is much better to tell your customer 8 weeks and have it arrive in 5 or 6 weeks than it is to tell them 4 weeks and have them waiting an extra 3-4 weeks on top of that! If I ran business this way I wouldn't have any happy customers left, and I'd be broke and hung out to dry! Furthermore, if I treated my customers this way (as if they were a nusiance) noone would do business with me b/c noone likes dealing with an a-hole businessman when they're trying to give that person their bu$ine$$! The companies are supposed to be after the customer's business, not the other way around! RRA makes a great product at a superbly competetive price, but their inability to properly handle customer relations has turned me off! Instead of trying to sell my customers on a special order RRA, I am more likely to tell them to go ahead and buy a Bushmaster! Why wouldn't I? Bushy seems to have customer service down pat and their wait times are often overstated, not understated! It is also arguable that in the time you spend waiting for your RRA, you could have saved up another $100 and bought the Bushmaster and you'd have an AR in your hands in 1/2 the time!! Don't get me wrong, I love my RRA and I am most impressed with their products, but how much BS are you willing to put up with just to get a quality AR? We here at On Point Firearms are willing to do special orders on RRA products for our customers if they insist, but we will be totally honest with our customers and let them know what it all entails when you order a custom build from Rock River Arms. Hopefully the new RRA facility will allow for better production times and hopefully the employees will get their crap together  and begin to treat their customers as if they want them to spend their money with them again in the future!
B9

www.onpointfirearms.com
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Here it is week nine and it came in today. It sure looks nice. I will be shooting it soon.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#22]
That's why you get a Bushmaster...
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#23]
My bushmaster took 5 days.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#24]
There were two BM Varminters on the dealers shelves when I ordered the RRA. $140.00 higher in price for less gun. I passed on the BM.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#25]
have you gone to the range yet? I just got mine 1 1/2 weeks ago and its shooting 1/2 groups at 100yrds little slop in the reciever.  and the 2 stage trigger i think could be better, but all in all shoots great.what ammo are you planning to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#26]
No I have not been to the range yet. I will be going out into the desert on Sunday. I have Win and Fed match loads and several handloads using 62, 69 and 75 grain bullets. I will also try some hand loads that work well in my Savage and CZ bolt guns. What ammo gave you the 1/2" groups? What have you got for scope and mount? I am very pleased with my triger and the action is tight.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I use 69smk with 24gr vargot powder handloads.but also shoots 1/2 groups with fed. gold med. 69 gr.  tried black hills 75gr 1''group was best.  Far as scope just have a BSA cheapy 6-24 mill dot,with burris rings.  But plan on changing them out.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:34:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll try that load. The 69gr SMK is shown with 25.3 grains as the most accurate load in the Sierra loading manual. This is in the AR15 section not the bolt gun section. I developed a load of 26.4 load in my CZ527 Varminter and it will shoot about .6". I have about 400 rounds of that load left over from a Varmint hunt. I'll let you know how it goes.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:19:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Recently ordered an M4A3 with 14.5" barrel and Phantom from Bushmaster.  Took them 10 weeks!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:25:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Everyone repeat after me: "ROCK RIVER ARMS IS WORTH THE WAIT"

Sure, you can buy an upper with a bull barrel. You can buy an eagle arms lower with a "national match" trigger. Guess what you got? A "crap shoot" of an upper with a crappy trigger lower! I have never found/shot a crappy RRA NM trigger. I ahve never seen an Armalite NM trigger that didn't feel like it was binding up and was full of sand.

Bushys are nice. Great customer support. Great support for our hobby/community. OTOH, Maybe if they'd take their time they wouldn't be purple.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top