Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2012 9:54:39 AM EDT
Does anyone know anything about this scope? It is on sale at Natches. I am looking for a 1x4 scope in the $300 to $500 range to go on my AR with a gas block. I would use it for hunting hog, target shooting and plinking

http://www.natchezss.com/brand.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=WE&prodID=WE800702&prodTitle=Weaver 1.5-4.5X24 Classic Extreme Riflescope Ill. Dual-X Reticle Matte
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've owned a couple of Weavers, and all of them have been good scopes. The one you are looking at will probably suit your needs well, I would think.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Here you go: Archived thread from '09

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/417334__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Weaver_Classic_Extreme_on_sale.html&page=1

According to one of the early posts, they are '07 models., but I have no way to confirm
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input. I just ordered one
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I was ready to pull the trigger on a Nikon African series. I am glad I saw this thread on the Weaver.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here you go: Archived thread from '09

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_18/417334__ARCHIVED_THREAD____Weaver_Classic_Extreme_on_sale.html&page=1

According to one of the early posts, they are '07 models., but I have no way to confirm

Thanks for posting that up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2012 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I received the weaver scope tonight. Glass is very clear and could see everthing outside at night with the help of normal city lights. Red dot in the crosshair was also good. I have not had a chance to try the red dot in the the daylight.. Only down side is it was a little heavier than expected. I would rate this as a very good buy and happy I purchased it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I received the weaver scope tonight. Glass is very clear and could see everthing outside at night with the help of normal city lights. Red dot in the crosshair was also good. I have not had a chance to try the red dot in the the daylight.. Only down side is it was a little heavier than expected. I would rate this as a very good buy and happy I purchased it.

How is the battery held in place inside of the rheostat? does the Weaver use a spring and is it robust looking and not a rubber doughnut or a flimsy looking spring set up.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top