Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/25/2003 9:00:10 PM EDT
Just watch.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:02:50 PM EDT
NO! Spend the time you are spending worrying writing letters to your congressman and representatives. Write a letter to President Bush. For God's sake don't give up without a fight. Some of you might as well already turn your rifles in to me. I'll take them for ya.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:37:55 PM EDT
This is where we need to use their tactic. We have an inch on them. Now lets keep the presure on them and go for a foot. Keep writing your congresmen and sen. Do it in a professional manner and lets keep voting the ones that don't help out of office. Sooner or later they may get the idea.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:44:29 PM EDT
Blah, Blah, Blah....... Prosise
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 9:56:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2003 10:37:17 PM EDT by NYPatriot]
Damn chas... you have the fighting spirit of a dead gold fish! Do you give up on most things in life this easy???
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:45:03 PM EDT
What we need is a e-mail form with EVERY official in office's e-mail. Then, we could flood the hell out of them with out "demands." I wonder if they filter out e-mails with more than one recipiants? -Steve
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:50:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By stevenb: I wonder if they filter out e-mails with more than one recipiants? -Steve
View Quote
Make the email so that it "TO" sends to "Politician@somewhere.net" and then "BCC" all the rest of them. It will appear as though there is only one recepient, but will be sent to all of them. -Lee
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:08:13 AM EDT
In the body of the email make sure you tell the rep or senator that you [b]"will be tracking their voting in Congress, and that you will vote accordingly when they run for re-election."[/b] Then, reiterate - If you want my vote, and the votes of my friends & family, then let the AWB sunset, and that they should also kill any new initiative that intends to make permit or expand any frivolous gun laws like the AWB. [sniper2] _______________________ [b]Together[/b] we can make a difference - [b][red]VOTE[/red][/b].
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:45:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By leelaw:
Originally Posted By stevenb: I wonder if they filter out e-mails with more than one recipiants? -Steve
View Quote
Make the email so that it "TO" sends to "Politician@somewhere.net" and then "BCC" all the rest of them. It will appear as though there is only one recepient, but will be sent to all of them. -Lee
View Quote
Emails get ignored. They cannot be verified that they are from a TRUE constituent that actually votes for them (and that they represent...) Also, congreesional email addresses get spammed in a big way. If you want to be heard: Write letters!!! CALL, tell them your address, that you live in their district/state, etc... If you are going to write an email, take an extra 5 minutes, print it out and MAIL it in.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:51:41 AM EDT
i dont know if you guys already know about this but here it is: [i]To subscribe to free, low-volume GOA alerts, go to http://www.gunowners.org/ean.htm on the web. Change of e-mail address may also be made at that location.[/i] just put in your zip and all of your reps can be pulled right up. emails DO work. i constantly get written letters back from my senetors and reps responding to my emails. i do however send snail mail whenever i can and i ONLY send snail mail to the president. i send at least a couple of emails a week, even if i have to send the same one over and over again. some of you guys really need to save the whining and crying for when the fight is really lost, now is the time to stick it to em'!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:27:55 AM EDT
Well, I guess I may have found a use for my little list. I have the current list (on CD, it s a gvmt thing) with all of the (and I mean ALL, everyone) in the govenrment with their address, office phone and email etc. From the President to the Secretary of Agriculture. Let me know who's info we need to get our pleas to.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:30:04 AM EDT
Just an example... :) Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives 650 Massachusetts Ave., N.W., Washington, DC 20226 General Info: (202) 927-7777 Facsimile: (202) 927-7862 Internet: http://www.atf.treas.gov Office of the Director Director Bradley A Buckles 8000 Career Senior Executive Service (SES) Appointment Education: Wyoming 1971 BA; Washburn 1974 JD (202) 927-8700 Fax: (202) 927-8876 Dep Director Richard J Hankinson 8000 Career Senior Executive Service (SES) Appointment Education: Richmond 1965 BA (202) 927-8710 Chief of Staff Patty Lynch 8290 (202) 927-8342 Executive Asst (Equal Opportunity) Anthony Torres 8220 (202) 927-7760 Executive Asst (Legis Affairs) Charles Higman 8150 (202) 927-8490 Ombudsman James H McCall Education: Houston 1972 BA; Texas Southern 1977 MA 844, TechWorld, 801 Eye St., N.W., Washington, DC 20536 (202) 927-6450 Strategic Plng Ofc Chf Wayne Miller 8330 Education: North Carolina State 1968 BS (202) 927-7720 Office of Chief Counsel Facsimile: (202) 927-8673 Chief Counsel Stephen R Rubenstien (Acting) 6100 Career Senior Executive Service (SES) Appointment (202) 927-7772 Dep Chief Counsel Melanie S Stinnett 6100 Career Senior Executive Service (SES) Appointment (202) 927-7772 Assoc Chf Counsel for Admin & Ethics Eleanor R Loos 6100 Career Senior Executive Service (SES) Appointment (202) 927-7772 Assoc Chf Counsel for Disclosure & Forfeiture Richard S Isen 6100 (202) 927-7772 Assoc Chf Counsel for Firearms, Explosives & Arson Teresa Ficaretta (Acting) 6100 (202) 927-7772 Assoc Chf Counsel for Litigation Imelda M Koett 6100 Career Senior Executive Service (SES) Appointment (202) 927-7772 Senior Counsel, Field Operations David M Wulf 6100 (202) 927-7772
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:30:57 AM EDT
Our country has used a triad defense strategy for decades... I have adopted the same approach. The Political Activist Triad: 1. Email 2. Snail Mail 3. Phone Calls Use all three! Consider it a combined arms strategy!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:44:22 AM EDT
In almost all congressional offices, your phone calls and letters are logged in and responded to by a wet behind the ears, fresh out of school $18,000 a year staffer. You may or may not get a canned, autopenned response from the office, but the number of letters from consitutuents--very important--pertaining to issues IS watched, and will get reported up the food chain. Although impractical for most of you, if you are ever in DC, stop by the offices of your congressional delegation, and ask to speak with the person that handles gun issues for the Congressman, and give them your position in a calm and reasonable manner. If every gun owner in this country wrote to his/her reps, we could put an end to a LOT of foolishness. Some people, like Conyers, McCarthy, etc, you're never gonna influence...but there are a LOT of people who will ultimately do what a majority of their citizens want them to...you just have to let them know in sufficient numbers. Anyone can lobby Congress, it doesn't take Hill and Knowlton...a pefect case is MADD, which started with one pissed off mother. If gun owners got involved at the grass roots level, you'd be surprised at what could be accomplished. The problem remains that a good many gun owners are complacent, and there is a big gap between the deer hunting crowd, and us...so we don't even speak with a unified voice. How many members does AR-15.com have? If EVERY one of us wrote a letter to our members Congress, we might actually accomplish something. It's foolish to speculate about what's coming down the pike, when most of it could be avoided with some time and effort. And we CERTAINLY give up the right to bitch about it later if we don't do anything about it now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:51:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Mugzilla: Emails get ignored...
View Quote
I used the link from this board and emailed my congressman and both senators. Both senators (Sessions-R and Shelbe-R) responded with letters which supported my (our) position. That POS Bud Cramer (D) made no response. At the range where I shoot, there is an old campaign sign that says, "Ban 'Gun ban' Bud Cramer."
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:46:43 AM EDT
Can't let those faggot-loving, liberal pussies worry you. Never let your guard down.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:48:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TWIRE:
Originally Posted By Mugzilla: Emails get ignored...
View Quote
I used the link from this board and emailed my congressman and both senators. Both senators (Sessions-R and Shelbe-R) responded with letters which supported my (our) position. That POS Bud Cramer (D) made no response. At the range where I shoot, there is an old campaign sign that says, "Ban 'Gun ban' Bud Cramer."
View Quote
Politician are known for talking out of both sides of their mouths. This is why they are Politician. [buttkick]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:00:29 AM EDT
Guys-- Don't ever give up on the letter writing and other contacts. You may think your letter won't count, but you're wrong. The AWB and other issues are a hot topic of just about all the gun groups, including gun shop owners, FFL dealers, etc. Along with this, see if you can get petitions started at your local gun clubs and ranges. If we all send letters, that could be a huge voice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:15:20 PM EDT
I E-MAIL MY CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS ON A WEEKLY BASIS. THE RESPONSES I GET ARE NOT SOME CANNED REPLY, BUT SPECIFIC REPLIES TO MY CONCERNS. AND BY THE WAY, THE DEER HUNTING CROWD, WE ARE FINALLY STARTING TO GET THE MESSAGE. SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!
Top Top