Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2003 11:09:06 AM EDT
We are getting ready to go now be back soon with a report on how they fire.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Both rifles shoot flawlessly. Not one malfunction to speak of. We shot Winchester 55 grain FMJ. It was very cold out today so we only shot about 200 rounds. The USGI mag I bought works great 30 rounds bang bang ...... not a single hickup. We did not get the rifles zerored in or even tryed to get groupings of any kind. Lucky for us there were targets still up at the range so we just blasted them. All in all a fun day plinking at the rage. These rifles are great. We came home a watched BHD while we cleaned them up. I am lucky to have bought Bushmasters for my first ARs everyone said you can't go wrong and you guys are oh so right.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like fun!
I had to work on one of my houses today instead of going to the range[:(]
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:04:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds just like me.  I am buying my second AR in a week or so.  After some good shootin you have to watch BHD its a givin.  

I love AR's
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
One thing i noticed while cleaning the rifle, was a few scratches on the buffer plate in the stock. (I hope I described the part correctly) Its the metal plate in the buffer the bolt carier hits it right? is that normal or is there a problem.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 5:04:05 AM EDT
[#5]
It's completely normal.  Eventually, there will be a ring "scar" on the buffer from the bolt carrier, and many times the buffer is scratched by the carrier during assembly/disassembly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Red Leg.  I had a feeling that it was normal, since the blolt carier hits it with some force something will show up. But as you know I am new to the AR scene and will have some questions for you guys.
Thanks for the help
Mouse
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top