Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:10:36 PM EDT
Ok,
First off, so far this site has faired me very well in the build. so far so good.My thanks to all.

BUT

Now I have the hankering for a suppressor now that I have the fever

What would the thread pattern be for the barrel?

Also

what would some of you that have them suggest as a good beginner supressor.

thanks for any help

Chris
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to try the M16 - Full Auto forum.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure how to move it without feeling like I'm spamming the board.
Thanks longhornAR

Mods, could you please move this to the full auto forum.

thank you

Chris
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to be getting  Gem-Tech HALO in the coming months.  It attaches directly to a mil-spec flash suppressor (A2 style).  The typical thread pitch for 5.56 NATO barrels is 1/2x28.

Read this :A machine gun and NFA FAQ
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the link.

I was actually scanning the gemtech site now.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#6]
That makes a lot of sense.
perhaps a 9MM upper is in the cards.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 2:57:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an Advanced Armament M4-2000 for my CAR-15 that I like a lot. It uses a proprietary flash hider as the quick mount; the flash hider screws onto the standard 1/2 x 28 AR threaded barrel.

www.advanced-armament.com
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I own two suppressors.  Both are made by a local manufacturer here in Southeast, GA.  One is in 9mm and the other is .223.  I have been impressed with BOTH units.  Although the .223 has a significant crack down-range from the supersonic bullets, it dramatically reduces the muzzle report.  
As far as the 9mm goes.....Its qieter than the famed MP-5 SD, compared at the range!  it is integrally suppressed, the best way to go IMHO.  Use "subsonic" rounds either commercially produced or most 147gr rounds will suffice.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top