Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2003 7:08:02 PM EDT
Email listed at the bottom of the page, maby a little bit of real info might help this guy....

www.madogre.com/Interviews/Hate_the_AR15.htm
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]

There is a whole Gun Industry Sub-Industry revolved around the AR-15.  There are so many accessories the AR is nothing more than a Black Barbie Doll for Boys.
View Quote

Those who can, do... those who can't, complain...

The whole article isn't much more than a veiled AR vs AK debate... but an interesting read...
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Gah.. reading mad ogre is like smashing your head with a brick. Believe me, I used to, and I'm dumber for it. The difference between this guy and the neighborhood nutbag screaming about Y2k is that this fellow is slightly more articulate, and farther away.

From the looks of this latest garbage pile, he's also neurotic about cleaning. The only time I'm that immaculate is when I'm preparing growth solutions in lab. It's a gun, not a fvcking nutrient broth or a surgical tool.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm...sounds like somebodys girlfriend left him with some blue[BD]balls.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hmmm...sounds like somebodys girlfriend left him with some blue[BD]balls.
View Quote

[LOLabove].....[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I do sort of agree with about the crawling through the mud bit, though. Would it hurt the M16/AR15 accuracy that much to make tolerances a bit looser?
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#6]
-----------------------------------------------
Quotes:
1) 'Just about any .308 load will blow a big enough hole through a person to toss a cat through, so don’t even go there about 5.56MM'

2) 'The .308 has a greater range do it’s tremendous ballistic advantage at any range.  Muzzle to 1,000 yards out… well beyond where a 5.56MM weapon can effectively engage.'

3) 'There are those that say that 5.56MM is plenty powerful enough for combat and even inflict more wound damage than a 7.62X39MM or even the mighty .308.  This is untrue.'

1) .308 FMJ?  So he doesn't know anything about terminal ballistics in soft tissue.

2)  And I'm sure if he were in combat he would regularly engage the enemy at a 1000 yards.

3)  Powerful?  If 'powerful' is fragmenting and causing tremendous wounds, then it is powerful.

It does sound like a veiled AK-AR debate.  If someone has read all of Dr. Fackler's articles, they wouldn't think like he does.  I feel sorry for him.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]
If this guy likes the AK better fine,
but he needs to get his shit straight first.

I HAVE shot the AR-M-16 in all of the above conditions that he states that it will not work in.
And it [b]DOES[/B] work.

I have also seen what the round does first hand, it also works-and quite well.

If the M-16 and the 5.56x45mm is such a POS,
why does almost every country in the world
use the rifle or the cartridge ? Some use
both.

Some countries have even dropped their own designs in
favor of the M-16.
England
Canada
Australia

The problems with the M-16 were solved over
30 years ago.
Some people just can't let go of the old stories.

For now, and in the future, I guess I will
keep my "barbie dolls for boys".

If he dosen't like the AR-15, I could give a
rat's ass.
I really don't put much faith in his writings after reading his article anyway, my guns work-always have.
Untill they quit I will be a strong advocate of the
M-16/AR-15 rifle.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

2) 'The .308 has a greater range do it’s tremendous ballistic advantage at any range.  Muzzle to 1,000 yards out… well beyond where a 5.56MM weapon can effectively engage.'

[blue]2)  And I'm sure if he were in combat he would regularly engage the enemy at a 1000 yards.[/blue]

View Quote
my thoughts exactly!  i really cant stand a "know it all" but an IGNORANT know it all that pops off like hes a ballistics expert and combat veteran is even worse! guess he's never heard of an AR10?  or maybe its just a black rifle hate thing.  
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, Isreal produces the best of all the AK's, with the Galil. And Isreal chose to wharehouse thier tens of thousands of Galil's, and supply the IDF with M-16's & M4's.
This decision was made by a country that is in a combat situation everyday, and against the very weapon that they rejected.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#10]
When I was a Fort Jackson for basic way back when, we were firing some really old M-16's.

With all the ammo fired in semi and auto I can't remember ever having any problems even after firing blanks.

To try and fault the "Black Rifle" for not being reliable is sheer lunacy.

A whole Sub-Industry revolved around something unreliable? I think not. It would be like trying to imagine aftermarket products for Yugos.

Bill Paradise

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top