Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 10:21:57 AM EDT
New here, have a question.

I used to have a pair of AR's, a PWA commando and a colt match target, sold them in college (more like gave them away)but sure have missed them, so for the first time in over 7 years, I have bought another one. It's an Oly 9mm flattop. It will be my first 9mm AR, so someone told me to come here and read up on all the options for running a pistol-caliber upper. I had no idea it got this complicated.

I'm just a shooter, primarily for about 4 months out of the year, hunting, fishing, archery, etc, compete too much for my time the rest of the year. I don't have access to a machine shop (except the one that says "dremel" on the box) so I'm wondering...is this thing gonna run?

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=13642163

Next question....did I get burned at 675 for this:
Olympic 9mm AR. Forged lower reciever. Flat top upper with 16" stainless matte barrel and oly muzzle brake. Fake tele stock. Rifle is in 95%+ condition with some small dings from handling and safe storage. About 800rds through it. Well taken care of. Have Socom mag block adapter and 18 32rds sten mags,10 are greasy as purchased from Tapco and litttle to no finish. Also 2 sten mags shortened to 15rds. Also brass loop sten mag loader and extra extractor and ejector.No factory sten mags conversions."
"
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Yeah, you got burned BAD!!!  Here's a picture of you     [flame]

So, to ease your pain, I guess I'll give you your $675 back for the oly and all the extras 'cause I'm such a nice guy![:D]

Seriously, good deal man.  Hope you enjoy it.

J
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you did okay.....

Stens are going for 7-9.00 each (depending who sells them now).  I took a look at the web page.... divorce sale..YUK..

[email protected] each = 90.00 if you were to buy them "now".  (Gone are the sales of 10 mags for 19.00 at Tapco).

The Socom block is at least $65 as said.

Uppers alone go for about 600-650.  Complete new is like $800+ (what GunsAmerica says).

Or are you posting just to gloat on the deal you got.... [:D]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.

Yeah the divorcce thing sucks, the seller seems like a nice guy. My ffl backed out of the transfer 'cuz I didn't buy it from a dealer, so I'm in the process of working the transfer out w/ another dealer, so I still haven't seen the thing yet. But I'm excited.

I was due a good deal anyway, when I sold my pre-ban PWA commando in '96, I was in desperate need of money (stupid college tuition!) and gave it away for 450 bucks. Oh well, it's not like it shot half-moa w/ black hills fmj reman ammo....wait, oh, yeah, it did.

I'm sure those here know it, but I'll say it anyway...NEVER sell a good gun.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, most FFL's will not accept from private people.  Even though it is legal.  If I recall, all that is needed is a photo copy of the seller's drivers license for them to log in.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#6]
For a couple hundred more you could of gotten a RRA setup, but not all the mags you got now.

If the oly runs then you got a good deal.

CHARLES
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top