Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 8:45:16 PM EDT
i have a Vortex SPARC (original model) on my 22LR SBR, but i would like to get something better.  the SPARC has a very small tube and the glass seems kind of dark.  i am planning on using this for plinking, hunting small critters and maybe a 22 competition or two.  it will be zeroed at 25 meters.  i would like to spend about $200 or so.

what would you suggest and why?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm assuming you want to stick with an RDS?  If so, you're not going to find many options that are considerably better than the SPARC for $200.  I have seen some good reviews on the Primary Arms MD-ADS but  my suggestion would be to save some more and look at an Aimpoint Pro or Eotech 512.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yea, i want to stay with a RDS. I have a PRO and like it, but im not sold on using it for a 22. I will have to check out primary for sure. I have a few other projects going on so right now im just starting my research.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the new leatherwood hi lux max micro dot
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I honestly don't think your going to find that much of an improvement over the sparc in the $200 price range.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I honestly don't think your going to find that much of an improvement over the sparc in the $200 price range.
View Quote

If thats the case, then i will keep the sparc or save up for an eo tech or aimpoint
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Not going to see a significant improvement.  There will be different bells and whistles announced at Shot Show.  I wouldn't bite at anything unless it had better and clearer glass.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top