Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/17/2015 7:45:16 PM EST
i have a Vortex SPARC (original model) on my 22LR SBR, but i would like to get something better. the SPARC has a very small tube and the glass seems kind of dark. i am planning on using this for plinking, hunting small critters and maybe a 22 competition or two. it will be zeroed at 25 meters. i would like to spend about $200 or so.

what would you suggest and why?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:41:58 PM EST
I'm assuming you want to stick with an RDS? If so, you're not going to find many options that are considerably better than the SPARC for $200. I have seen some good reviews on the Primary Arms MD-ADS but my suggestion would be to save some more and look at an Aimpoint Pro or Eotech 512.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:15:46 PM EST
Oh yea, i want to stay with a RDS. I have a PRO and like it, but im not sold on using it for a 22. I will have to check out primary for sure. I have a few other projects going on so right now im just starting my research.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:39:25 PM EST
I like the new leatherwood hi lux max micro dot
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:26:08 AM EST
I honestly don't think your going to find that much of an improvement over the sparc in the $200 price range.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:56:29 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MandPdude:
I honestly don't think your going to find that much of an improvement over the sparc in the $200 price range.
View Quote

If thats the case, then i will keep the sparc or save up for an eo tech or aimpoint
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:56:43 PM EST
Not going to see a significant improvement. There will be different bells and whistles announced at Shot Show. I wouldn't bite at anything unless it had better and clearer glass.
Top Top