Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2003 12:15:01 PM EDT
Hello everyone.

I would like to begin to build an M4Gery, now, I'm not exactly sure where to begin, so if you kind folks could point me in a good direction, I would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Erik
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:25:33 PM EDT
I'm in the process of building an M4 as well and got the majority of my research off of this site by using the SEARCH feature; there are numerous threads with advice and where to look.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 12:57:37 PM EDT
The easiest way to start is with one of the M4 barrels or upper assemblies from [url=ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=156897]CMMG[/url] on the EE! These barrels are really sweeet, and are available in 14.5" or 16", pre- or post-ban.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:21:11 PM EDT
Thanks for the KIND REPLY KELLER! Notack, many thanks friend. I'll be sure to scope it out. I have a Pre-Ban SP-1 Carbine lower, I assume I could use that, yes? Thanks, Erik
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:29:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EHilderbrand: Thanks for the KIND REPLY KELLER! Notack, many thanks friend. I'll be sure to scope it out. I have a Pre-Ban SP-1 Carbine lower, I assume I could use that, yes? Thanks, Erik
View Quote
yes, pre or postban will be legal but I'd go with the 14.5" preban if I was you
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:56:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EHilderbrand: Thanks for the KIND REPLY KELLER! Notack, many thanks friend. I'll be sure to scope it out. I have a Pre-Ban SP-1 Carbine lower, I assume I could use that, yes? Thanks, Erik
View Quote
Your pre-ban lower is a great piece to start with, however since its a Colt, there could be some pin size issues. Someone more knowledgeable about Colts should be able to answer.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:08:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EHilderbrand: I have a Pre-Ban SP-1 Carbine lower, I assume I could use that, yes?
View Quote
Yes Erik, you can! Decide on what kind of upper you want. [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p4c0c3f2306d79052ca2698255252efcb/fb39ca89.jpg[/img] SP1 upper and lower. Bushmaster 14.5" barrel w/ perm. attached Phantom. If you don't care for the slick side upper, a Colt Sporter (A2) upper with large front pivot pin will also fit. [url]http://www.danieldefense.com/[/url] makes a flat top that'll fit if you're so inclined. [:P]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:10:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 7:13:17 AM EDT by EHilderbrand]
Gentlemen, Thank you. I was thinking about getting the Bushmaster 16" M4 Complete Upper with the A3 detachable carry hand, in case I decide to mount an EOTech, or an Aimpoint down the line. I don't particularly want a carry handle mount. Any other similar uppers would be great, if you can reccomend one. The fellow at Bushmaster said I would of course need a larger pin up front, and I believe he said it is six bucks or so. No big deal. I prefer to have a detachable flash hider because at some point down the road, I would like to get a suppressor for it, preferably, a KAC. Only the best.:) Any thoughts on the Bushie upper, or any other reccomendations? Erik
Top Top