Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 8:16:22 PM EDT
 Howdy, I have a RRA with a removable carry handle.  I want to mount an Aimpoint comp M off the handle with a rail.  But my rail will not fit the handle.  RRA carry handle not mill spec I assume?  What are my options?  Will a different carry handle work?  Any other rail made fit my RRA handle?  Pitch it all and buy a Colt????  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:21:21 PM EDT
[#1]
don't pitch it all and buy a colt...i'm not for sure at the moment but i would say there are other rails that will fit and you could just sell that rail on EE.....or you could maybe just get a colt carry handle or one that will work with your rail....what rail/mount is it anyways? that would help a ton!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the military M68 set up.  Sight (comp M), rail and mount.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Gooseneck-type rails don't fit detatchable carry handles (of any make) because detachable handles are machined differently, by necessity of their design.  Those rails only work properly on fixed-handle uppers.

If you have a flattop, there is really no reason to use a carry handle along with an AimPoint.

-Troy

+1, ditch that useless handle, get a different BUIS by selling the handle/mount, and mount the aimpoint directly on the flattop.

Josh
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Gooseneck-type rails don't fit detatchable carry handles (of any make) because detachable handles are machined differently, by necessity of their design.  Those rails only work properly on fixed-handle uppers.

If you have a flattop, there is really no reason to use a carry handle along with an AimPoint.

-Troy

+1, ditch that useless handle, get a different BUIS by selling the handle/mount, and mount the aimpoint directly on the flattop.

Josh

+2

That's the whole point of a flattop!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top