Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2004 4:11:09 PM EDT
I would love to build one with an A1 upper and the triangular handguards and the non-bird cage hider.  Can it be done??
medic out
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can build one, or buy an original SP1.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, in fact you can probably find a complete upper like that at your local gun show.  CDNN had Colt M16 uppers that had the A1 flash hider on them (kind of expensive though).   You can buy a 3 prong and plut it on.  I picked one up for a couple of dollars not too long ago.  I think it was from www.oldsargesdropzone.com.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would love to build one with an A1 upper and the triangular handguards and the non-bird cage hider.  Can it be done??
medic out

Fulton Armory makes 'em for $799 complete now with evil features. Don't waste your money on a pre-ban.

www.fulton-armory.com/GEN_II.htm#LegacyRifle
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Is Fulton already offering their rifles with the flash hider and bayonet lug?  I couldn't find where they specifically said these were on their rifles...

Spooky
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
No problem.......here's the one I did.

Just like the M16A0 except for the raised fence around the mag release button and the reinforced receiver extension ring.  It even has the notchless chrome bolt carrier.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Here you go.  I know, I know, I need to change out the FS....

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I also vote for Fulton Armory.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#9]
but the one i drew out of an air force armory had green furniture on it, a triangle shaped charging handle and 3 prong flash hider...

where do i get THEM?

id build it myself if i could find the parts...

david
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I've only held and played with one "green machine", and it was in a USAF CATM armory.  I don't think you are going to find one like that, and you would probably have a hard time finding the matching parts to build one.  Good luck on this project.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#11]
david,
wa-tom on this board has the repro early ar15 triangular charge handle, and the trident 3 prong (type 1) fs...good stuff.  good luck finding green triangular furniture...no repros that i know of.  

seems like there are a lot of m16 (no fwd assist) surplus uppers appearing on the ee for great prices.....is the usaf dumping old stocks of m16 parts?  also, many vendors have the m16a1 uppers from colt.....more expensive than the m16 uppers, but correct for the vn era rifles.....

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top