BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/27/2005 11:28:50 AM EDT
I was in wally world today to get some more Win white box , the 40rd per. box , 55gr fmj for $7.78 , and was informed that it has been discontinued !  This has been the only ammo i've been using , guess I will have to look for another source , anyone know where to get it on line ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE-----------------------------6/6/05-----------------------------------------------UPDATE

I sent an E_Mail to Wal-Mart's Corporate store and here is the reply !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your message.

Dear Mr. Keenan,

I had forwarded your email to our Buying Team for assistance and this is the response I have received back :
       "this item is not being discontinued. due to the military request for this item we will not have any stock on the item for the next 2-3mos."

Wal-Mart appreciates your business and your correspondence.
                          Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.  
                                                     Peg
                  Merchandising  &  Customer Relations Team  Associate  

Link Posted: 5/27/2005 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It is definately getting harder to find.  I would look to Reminton UMC as a substitute for the Winchester USA223 offering.  There seems to be more of it available at less than $4/20.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea I started buying the Rem , but havn't fired any yet so don't know how it doe's , Thx !
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I fired off (just two boxes, all they had) of the Rem UMC last week, performed equal to the Winchester but is just a hair more in cost.  I hadn't heard about any discontinuation on the Winchester, as both the stores near me have assured me they have a large amount on order that should be in anyday.  I'll update when I give them a call to see if they got the 8 boxes I requested in, although now I feel compelled to snag at least 15-20!
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]
PMC, UMC, or XM193  if you can find IMI M193 all will work well for ammo.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep when I got my rifle a few months ago I bought every box every Wal Mart in the area had. I havent seen any since. Since then I get either Black hills reman. or XM 193 online. In my experience the Rem. UMC is a good deal less accurate and far more dirty than WWB but it is very reliable and easy to find pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#6]
is the Wally world "USA223R1VP" the same ammo as "Q3131A"?
Both say made in Israel and both have the same first 5 numbers in their SKU, 20892.
I have an empty box of each in front of me.
are they different?
Please explain
K

ps on a side note, i bought some Russian ammo under the name of "Monarch" made by JSC Barnaul Machine-Tool Plant. I bought it from Academy Sports. It is green steel case ammo. $2.99 a box of 20.
At the range i noticed it did not have as much punch as the Winchester in my 16" CAR. Other than that, I had no problems with it and all 40 fired in a warm gun. I had fired 100 or so Win's and then the Russian, then back to Win, no problem.
Link Posted: 5/27/2005 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#7]
picked up 16 boxes of winchester value packs at wmart today.. that was all they had. i've been to other wmarts that said the same thing you heard
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#8]
The 223 WWB is made in Israel in the IMI plant. We all knew they were focusing their energy on the military contracts. So, the supply must have run out. I noticed that my Wal-mart was out of 223 WWB the other day as well....
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#9]
No big deal, that shit smeels like amonia when your shooting.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You are probably the only one who feels that way. People say that about Wolf, never heard that comment on WWB.
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Ive never noiticed it, and who gives a shit what it smells like anyways??
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I love the smell of WWB in the morning!!! It smells like. . .

Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2005 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I've never noticed a bad smell from WWB. Now Wolf... THAT SHIT STINKS!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2005 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Talked to the Sporting Goods Manager at the store I used to work at, They are Discontinuing it.

I was wondering why it was getting so hard to find at Wally World. Guess I'll have to check out the Remington or start buying Wolf for the range
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I went to my local Wally World yesterday to see if i could find some*didnt have any in stock*so i was talking with the guy behind the counter and i said something bout it being discontiuned and he said he hasnt heard anything bout it,cuz when they usualy dicontinue something they delete the tags and regristry.i`m going to go check them out again tommorrow and also check another one alil ways away from where i live,but knowing my luck i`ll be SOL.
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#16]
All three Wally's near me have been out of WWB for at least a few weeks....now I understand why.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I just got some boxes of Remington/UMC at my local Sprawl Mart for $3.40 a piece.  It didn't have any strange oder, but the cases look a little weird.  Oh well they all worked going back for the rest.

Sure am glad I found this forum
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I've picked out a whiff or two of ammonia, too.  Not strong but noticeable, was wondering if maybe something in the lube was cooking off when it finally got warm enough.
Link Posted: 5/31/2005 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to the site WillInPA
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 3:31:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
is the Wally world "USA223R1VP" the same ammo as "Q3131A"?

No.

USA223 is a SAMMI pressure load

Q3131A is the hotter military pressure load.
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 5:08:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
All three Wally's near me have been out of WWB for at least a few weeks....now I understand why.  

No kidding, this sucks!  I've been calling the 2 Wal-Marts in my area for the last 4 weeks asking if its in stock, and on the occasional trip to wally world, i check behind their counter... none for some time... wonder if they will ever restock it, like after the war.  it's gotta be a hot item, cause every time they get some in it runs out in 2 to 3 days...
Link Posted: 6/1/2005 6:12:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I got lucky and found a bout a dozen boxes today at another Wally alil ways from home base ,and the person behind the counter said the same as the other..to come back not this coming monday but the monday after and they should have more in stock.but i`m starting to think they realy don`t know what they`re talking about.i guess only time will tell.
Link Posted: 6/2/2005 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I have checked with four different Wal-Marts in my area and they all are out.  Each and every store said the item shows up as "DELETED".  The guy at one store even showed me the hand-held scanner readout that showed this.  They each said that means they will not get anymore at all.  So all I have to say is SH&%!!!  I loved this ammo for plinking!  DAMMIT>>DAMMIT<<DAMMIT!  
Link Posted: 6/3/2005 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I liked this ammo alot. It was resonably priced.  It was easy to run in and purchase. It also shot extremely well out of my 16" mid length. I have 560 rounds (14 boxes) left of the 40 round value packs. I dont know if I should shoot it or build an alter to it and light candles. I guess I will just have to put it with my two cases of Q3131a and my one case of IMI193.  
 Come on Winchester and IMI! Help us ammo snobs out!
Link Posted: 6/3/2005 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I have checked 4 WalMart in Omaha, All have been sold out for the last 2 months.
Link Posted: 6/3/2005 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I have checked with four different Wal-Marts in my area and they all are out.  Each and every store said the item shows up as "DELETED".  The guy at one store even showed me the hand-held scanner readout that showed this.  They each said that means they will not get anymore at all.  So all I have to say is SH&%!!!  I loved this ammo for plinking!  DAMMIT>>DAMMIT<<DAMMIT!  hr

i got the local guy to scan here and it said the same thing. then he removed it from the display.hti guess we will have to buy some WolfK
Link Posted: 6/3/2005 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Yep, checked two ChinaMarts in Florida - not a box to be found.  Oh well.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2005 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I like that amonia smell , Wolf smells like HOT brake pads.
Link Posted: 6/3/2005 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#29]
My local Mississippi Wal-Mart also confirms that 55 gr FMJ WWB has been discontinued.

Too bad, it was my favorite plinking ammo. Now, how many boxes should I save for sentimental reasons?
Link Posted: 6/3/2005 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#30]
happened to be in mobile, AL at the Larry the Cable guy event and stopped by walmart afterwards.  They had a few boxes, but they wouldnt sell me any because it was AFTER 10PM.  Stupid fat lady made me mad!
Link Posted: 6/4/2005 6:55:59 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have checked with four different Wal-Marts in my area and they all are out.  Each and every store said the item shows up as "DELETED".  The guy at one store even showed me the hand-held scanner readout that showed this.  They each said that means they will not get anymore at all.  So all I have to say is SH&%!!!  I loved this ammo for plinking!  DAMMIT>>DAMMIT<<DAMMIT!  

i got the local guy to scan here and it said the same thing. then he removed it from the display.
so i bought 4 boxes of the UMC. it was all he had.
i guess we will have to buy some Wolf
K

Uhhh.....No.
Link Posted: 6/4/2005 8:23:33 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have checked with four different Wal-Marts in my area and they all are out.  Each and every store said the item shows up as "DELETED".  The guy at one store even showed me the hand-held scanner readout that showed this.  They each said that means they will not get anymore at all.  So all I have to say is SH&%!!!  I loved this ammo for plinking!  DAMMIT>>DAMMIT<<DAMMIT!  hr

i got the local guy to scan here and it said the same thing. then he removed it from the display.hti guess we will have to buy some Wolfhr

Uhhh.....No.hr

Link Posted: 6/5/2005 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ive never noiticed it, and who gives a shit what it smells like anyways??

That's the main reason I stopped buying it. I shoot lefty and the ammonia smell was so bad it made my eyes water. I don't have that problem with S&B, XM193, or UMC.

I've got a few hundred rounds of WWB left, and I doubt I'll be buying any more.
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 12:00:39 PM EDT
[#34]
WWB was my main practice ammo.  I am so bummed that they are discontinuing it.  True, the Remington UMC stuff isn't a bad alternative, but it is more expensive and they never seem to have more than 3-4 boxes of it.  80 rounds is hardly enough for a day at the range!
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#35]
went back to the walmart that wouldnt sell ammo after 10pm and got the last 5 boxes they had.  I have about 1000 rounds of the value pack ammo now.  I told my bro-in-law to check the walmart in starkville,ms and buy all they have for me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Kimber_45, I have already checked the Starkville, MS Wal-Mart for both WWB and UMC. They are both out of stock, and the clerk confimed that the WWB has been discontinued. If your bother-in-law has not yet made the trip, you might want to let him know not to bother.

I was wondering where all the WWB in Starkville was going... I guess I am not the only one with a black rifle seeking ammo here after all.
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 2:13:17 AM EDT
[#37]
This blows. I liked that ammo. They have something good, something they can't keep in stock, something affordable. No wonder they're discontinuing it.

I'll bet they'll have plenty of 444 Marlin tho, no chance that shit will be nixed cause you know what a hot seller that stuff is.
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 5:58:06 AM EDT
[#38]
no 55g WWB 40 rd Value Paks left in Bristol,PA or Fairless Hills,PA WTF?
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 9:08:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah, this sucks people.  Is this a Wal-Mart decision or from Winchester?  
Both stores in my area don't have any, and can't tell me if they're going to get any more.  

TC

Link Posted: 6/6/2005 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#40]
I've been waiting for Academy in Austin to get some in for a month and a half.  Two weeks ago, they said it was on order and would be in in a few days.  Still not on the shelf.  I guess I now know why.
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Is this a Wal-Mart decision or from Winchester?  

I'd like to know too.  Is Winchester no longer shipping it, or is it just Wal*Mart choosing not to order and sell it?

Link Posted: 6/6/2005 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Walmart in Bradford, PA didn't have any either.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Kimber_45, I have already checked the Starkville, MS Wal-Mart for both WWB and UMC. They are both out of stock, and the clerk confimed that the WWB has been discontinued. If your bother-in-law has not yet made the trip, you might want to let him know not to bother.

I was wondering where all the WWB in Starkville was going... I guess I am not the only one with a black rifle seeking ammo here after all.

Dangit, thought I had an area all to myself lol
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#45]
I bought 5 boxes of WWB in Reading, PA.  We have three WalMarts here. I tried another and they were out so I bought the UMC.  Have to try the other one yet. Cross your fingers.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#46]
I posted this in my first post and here !

I sent an E_Mail to Wal-Mart's Corporate store and here is the reply !

Thank you for your message.

Dear Mr. Keenan,

I had forwarded your email to our Buying Team for assistance and this is the response I have received back :
       "this item is not being discontinued. due to the military request for this item we will not have any stock on the item for the next 2-3mos."

Wal-Mart appreciates your business and your correspondence.
                          Thank you for contacting Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.  
                                                     Peg
                  Merchandising  &  Customer Relations Team  Associate  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link Posted: 6/6/2005 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Since when does the military use WWB?  I thought they stuck with 5.56 loads, even for training.  

Oh well, that's good news!
Link Posted: 6/6/2005 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice work Iceman_1!

I just figured out that Iceman_1 is in reality a distributer for Winchester, and his number one account is Wally World.  He just successfully boosted his 3rd quarter profits by a nice margin.Just kidding!   But I wouldn't put it past some people out there...
Link Posted: 6/7/2005 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Since when does the military use WWB?  I thought they stuck with 5.56 loads, even for training.  

Oh well, that's good news!

I assume the factories are talking all the time making military ammo and don't have time to make WWB at this moment.

They don't actually use WWB in the military. I believe it was an indirect statement made by someone who is not fully educated.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#50]
<---found 14 40-round value packs at a wal-mart yesterday.

<--has cleaned 3 wal-marts out in the last week or so.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top