Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 11:06:00 AM EDT
I see that there are two hahn mag blocks - one that inserts from the top (and doesn't do bolt-hold-open) and one that inserts from the bottom (and does the bolt-hold-open thing with colt mags).  Any other differences between these two mags?  I'm a little curious about what the "top loading" mag block has to offer - there must be something to it, otherwise they would just make the bottom loader.

TIA,
Joe
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep hearing about Hahn mag blocks, yet no one posts a link to a site that sells them.  Google doesn't bring anything up.  If anyone replies to this thread and you know where to get one, POST A LINK PLEASE!!! (sorry to jump in your thread)
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe our own TREETOP/Adrenaline Arms has them available.

If he doesn't have them, check at Brownells

The quality is untouchable and the price is right.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the bottom loader since I use colt mags and I love the block.  I personally think its the best on the market.  I had a Tacblock which is a crossfire clone.  The Hahn block has a nice way of keeping the block from falling out.  It has a wide roller that is pushed forward by a set screw.  BOTH bottom and top loaders have this feature.
Also the OLDER bottom loaders had a small spring loaded detent that would protrude out from the top to additionally keep the block from faling out which I thought was really cool but they killed that feature.  I called and was told that people were breaking that part.
So now all the current production bottom loaders only have the roller to keep them from falling out.
The TOP loaders, in addition to having the roller, also have a little ledge that keeps it from falling out.  It rests on I think the right side fo the bolt release.
Also the Hahn blocks have nice machined in feed ramps on their blocks.

Brownells is one source that has the Hahn blocks:
www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1548&title=AR-15+9MM+CONVERSION+BLOCK

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Amphibian,
Thanks for the detailed response - just placed an order with Brownells.
Joe
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:32:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Amphibian,
Thanks for the detailed response - just placed an order with Brownells.
Joe

Too bad...I sell the bottom loading Hahn block for $185 & the top loader for $165.

Steve
Hallmark Small Arms
http://www.hallmarksmallarms.com
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#6]
DOH!  

Oh well, I always figure that Brownells is overpriced, but it sucks to be reminded of it after you just placed an order.

Joe
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top