Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 7:06:41 AM EST
Like some other folks here, I plan on building an AR15 pistol in the near future.

I know that model 1 sales has the pistol length buffer assemblies. I've got one and I'm not convinced it's going to function reliably so I'm looking for other alternatives.

I think a standard CAR length buffer tube could work nicely, but I don't want to have the detents milled into the bottom of it (too easy for someone to claim I have an unregistered SBR since it's so easy to add a stock). So, is there a souce for CAR length buffer tubes that are just shorter versions of the rifle buffer tube? What about the buffer tubes they use in those "stubby stocks"? Those look like they might work ....

TIA for any help,
Joe
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:35:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/12/2004 7:44:11 AM EST by Big-Bore]
I asked Mary Jane Humphrey, Louisiville KY ATFE, this same question as I am doing the same thing. She said that the longer buffer tube doesn't mean squat. So long as you do not put the stock attachment on it you are good to go.
However, and this is my opinion, to be on the safe side, do not have the stock attachment part in your posession or on your property. I ordered just the tubes, springs, and buffers for mine.

I ordered my parts for Georgia Precision, but he shorted me the buffers-didn't forget to charge me though-and still has not corrected the mistake,sent the buffers, refunded my money, or returned my calls and e-mails over the last 10 days. What's up with that???

You can also order the parts direct from Rock River, which is who I ordered two more buffers and springs from for my ACE M4 SOCOM stocks.

Also, I think ACE might have the type of buffer tube you are looking for. I saw them on there the other day and is what I would have gotten if I had seen them there first. But the same thing applies, it would be just as easy to slip on the rest of the ACE stock as it would be to slip on the rest of the M4 stock. And even with the pistol buffer tube, how hard would it be to slip a piece of PVC over it with a make-shift butt plate and duct-tape it on? As Mary Jane Humphrey told me, you can "what if"yourself into a mental institution.
Top Top