Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/29/2003 11:21:11 AM EST
I have a chance to buy a green label colt lower. It has a large front pin. The question is, if I want to buy a new 7.5in upper for it (NFA) will the upper work, or will I need a small pin converter? In other words, are the newer uppers small pin, or do they come in both small and large pin?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:42:25 PM EST
To my knowledge, all current uppers are small pin, so you'll need an adapter. The best one out there is sold by CDNN [url]www.cdnninvestments.com[/url]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:42:34 PM EST
Most uppers nowadays are small pin. I'm trying to find a big hole upper for my SP1. I can't believe more companies don't make them. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:07:50 PM EST
I just unbarreled a Colt A2 large pin upper today and replaced it with a RRA small pin flat top. It is unused, except for test firing as far as I can tell. I got it as part of a larger trade. I was planning on selling it with the original cut bolt carrier group which also appears unused. I don't know what the value is, but I'll sell it at a fair price. It's of no use to me. Jim
Top Top