Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2005 5:23:17 AM EDT
I would like to remove the A1 Flashider on my 20" barrel. Is there any trick to doing this without sticking the barrel in a vice? It is not mounted in a receiver, and I don't want to put to much torque on the front site either.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tom
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:50:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I hold it between my knees, they are tight, but not that tight.
your mileage may vary though
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You can also sit on it in a chair and unscrew it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input guys. I've tried a bunch of different ways, and it won't budge. I'm off to order a set of barrel blocks for the vice.....

Thanks anyway!
Tom
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
it's that tight?
I wonder if it was pinned or welded...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#5]
It's not pinned or welded. It definately has a split ring washer behind it. It just hasn't been moved in at least 20 years.....

Here's a pic:
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#6]
They can be a bear. Try heating up the FH, not red hot, but HOT. Rap one of the flats with a hammer, then try removing. This is assuming you're not saving the ol' FH. Actually if you're careful you may not damage it at all.

Good luck!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top