Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2006 10:24:37 AM EDT
I'd like to get a good quantity of top quality 20 round make that don't have to be downloaded to maintain proper function. What would ya'll recommend???
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
CProcucts

Look in the industry section.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Straight USGI aluminium mags with the metal followers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd like to get a good quantity of top quality 20 round make that don't have to be downloaded to maintain proper function. What would ya'll recommend???

I have NEVER seen anybody prove the cut down 30s (curved 20s) manufactured by C products and D&H are inferior in any way compared with any USGI straight mag.  Nor have I EVER seen anybody prove aluminium followers are superior to plastic.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:20:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have NEVER seen anybody prove the cut down 30s (curved 20s) manufactured by C products and D&H are inferior in any way compared with any USGI straight mag.  Nor have I EVER seen anybody prove aluminium followers are superior to plastic.

first let me say I have both straight and curved 20rd mags and I have them with aluminum, Green and Magpul followers.  Every 20rd mag I have works flawlessly wether it is straight or curved or has a metal or plastic follower.

I also don't understand why alot of people here say that the straight 20's are superior to the curved and that the metal followers are superior to the plastic.  I beleive that these statements are based on opinion and not any fact.

CProducts is a great place to get very good 20rd mags that will fit 20 rounds.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the OLD COLT with Metal Followers BEST

I do have the LEO D&H curve 20 rounders
they do work fine

but still like the old skool 20`S
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Compare both
the curve 20 w/ GREEN follower will TILT easy
compared to the Metal Followers

The old 20`s are spot weld a bit better than my D&H 20`curve

the old Colts also are made with 1 piece of alum  Not 2 like the curve

I own both and both work

BTW
Ive seen better curve 20`s  than my D&H LEO`s 12/05

Id rather have CP made mags
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Best new-production 20 rounder you  can buy, hands down.

www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NH20
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:09:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1     I found some at Knob Creek a couple of weeks ago for $11.00 each. I picked up 5 of them and I am very pleased with their quality and performance.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The MAIN reason way back then to load 18rds was that some GI`S would replace the spring Back ass wards in the  straight  20 round mag

Some down load because the mag is hard to fit when loaded a full 20rds

Most my reloads MY BOLT is locked Back !!

So loading a Full 20 rounder is no problem for ME

Im sure  18 rds  will be enough or 28rds
So the 2 rds really isnt a big Deal

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

MAN and to THINK I order the D&H 12/05 20rds LEO`s Back in Feb

I wish I order the above mags

Those are OUTSTANDING
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Get the C Products SS curved 20s with Magpul followers.  Solid as anything out there.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Exactly! I have 9 of the old Colt 20 rounders with metal followers and 2 of the newer ones with the black plastic followers; you can still find them at Gunbroker and on the EE.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top