Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/23/2004 9:49:00 AM EST
Got this in today, the missing piece of the puzzle...

and here is the new UPPER, just waiting....

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:59:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2004 9:59:47 AM EST by Quarterbore]
FWIW, The Ban expires 9-14-04 so just don't do it a day early!

Here is mine...

Armalite AR-10A4 with Elcan

Note: There is no bolt/carrier, buffer, or buffer spring in this... Not illegal as she isn't semi and hell she wouldn't even load or fire until I take the stock off and install the missing parts!

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:07:21 PM EST
Quarterbore is that barrel 20 or 16. Looks good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:18:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2004 1:19:57 PM EST by uglygun]
It's a midlength...

This AR10 is a rifle length, it's got a rifle length SIR on the way with a Magpul M93A coming as well.

HMMMMMMMM, gonna be SPRish I just need to get the upper threaded for a 30 cal Vortex, don't much like the idea of having to thread the barrel but I hate the blast enhancer. Also planning a 3.5-10x Mil-Dot LR M1 for it.

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:45:43 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:44:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:32:14 PM EST
Hey First shott,

Tell us more about your upper!

This post is worthless with out details!

Badredfish
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:52:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2004 4:52:55 PM EST by R14]
And pics. all I see isX

ETA: Nevermind, my computer sucks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:16:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By Quarterbore:

Here is mine...

quarterbore.com/images/car10a4.jpg

Note: There is no bolt/carrier, buffer, or buffer spring in this... Not illegal as she isn't semi and hell she wouldn't even load or fire until I take the stock off and install the missing parts!

Ya know I hate to even say this because I hate the unconstitutional law and have never followed it myself. But just so you know, A lower receiver is consider a rifle alone. It accepts detachable mags, has a pistol grip, and your tele stock makes # 3 evil feature. So guess what that makes you?.....and me for that matter.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:36:41 PM EST
AWB is only for semi-autos. His isn't.

This is why you can put a folder on a pump shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:55:44 PM EST

Here is mine...

how do you like the ECLAN? is it comparable to ACOG? where did ya get it? how much?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 6:53:19 PM EST
I'm not sure of the rationality of this. If you have M16 parts and an AR15, you're screwed. All it would take is you putting the missing parts in to make a workable semi-auto. Are the missing parts nearby?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:05:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2004 7:08:12 PM EST by 00_buckshot]

Here is mine...

Why would you have to take the stock off to install the buffer and buffer spring? They slide right in and the buffer detent holds them all in place (unless the AR10 is different in this respect to the AR15). No need to take the stock off. I'm not sure if just taking the bolt and carrier out is enough to qualify it as no longer semi-auto. None the less it's your life and you can do with it what you want. I would not want to risk my freedom this close to the sunset by having a possible illegal weapon and posting pictures of it on the internet for everyone and their mother to see.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:09:54 PM EST
yeah that rifle in its current config is still illegal, but if you remove that pistol grip your fine. Its still a semi auto becuase the gas tube is still in place and even a lower with 3 pre ban parts is still illegal. But its your life and dont want to tell you what to do but just giving you a heads up
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:33:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By badredfish:
Hey First shott,

Tell us more about your upper!

This post is worthless with out details!

Badredfish

Just your standard Bushmaster M4 profile upper, flattop, with a 14.5 in barrel with a Perminate attached Phantom, and of course a Bayo lug,,,, nothing special.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:50:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/24/2004 2:04:07 AM EST by Quarterbore]

Originally Posted By Vinnie:
I'm not sure of the rationality of this. If you have M16 parts and an AR15, you're screwed. All it would take is you putting the missing parts in to make a workable semi-auto. Are the missing parts nearby?

NFA laws are different as unregistered MGs are illegal and the only use for all the M-16 parts is to build a MG. In the crime bill, I can build a non-semi auto through removing a gas tube, adding a bolt through the mag release to make a non-DM, or go through other ways to make a perfectly legal gun that would not be...

A Semiautomatic Rifle that accepts Detachable Magazines with 2-or more evil features...

As for the debate on my weapon, I will agree this is standing on the line where black and white fall... In it's current configuration the rifle is not semi-auto and it would be easier to pull the buffer tube and swap stocks to install the missing parts BUT as long as those parts are missing the weapon is never going to fire 1-shot much less operate as a semi-auto. The point of the pic was to simply show what the Armalite AR-10 Carbine looks like with the CAR stock as everybody seems to be interested in them...

As for the Elcan, it came on the carbine when I bought it used off the forums here and it is remarkably bright and quick pointing. I really do like it but I can't compare it to others as I have always been behind the curve when it comes to optics...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:02:32 AM EST
Wheres that "Ah jeez, not this shit again pic"!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:20:19 AM EST
I sure hope the zombies don't invade your house while your rifle is inoperable.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:43:31 AM EST
Trust me... I have others that will do the job just fine... wooden bullets and all!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:03:18 AM EST
Hell, anyone could assemble there complete rifles TODAY provideing they did not install the protruding handgrip .... Which requires tools to install and make functional.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:26:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By viper5194:
Hell, anyone could assemble there complete rifles TODAY provideing they did not install the protruding handgrip .... Which requires tools to install and make functional.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by that? If the assembled rifle happened to also have a bayo lug, flash suppressor, and tele-stock you would still have an illegal weapon. Pistol grip or not. If you didn't install the pistol grip you could only put on one of the said features to keep postban compliant. That is providing it's a semi-auto that feeds from a detachable magazine of some sort.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:44:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By badeffect10:
Wheres that "Ah jeez, not this shit again pic"!

+1

Less then three weeks vs. possible tour of Club Fed... I'll wait
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:07:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hawkeye:

Here is mine...

Negative Ghostrider. The ban expires at Midnight on the 12th....or Sept 13th technically.

It took me some time to figure out why I thought it was the 14th... never found a source until now...

Look at this thread www.mikecaswell.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=3090

I am not so sure that this dies on the 13th as anything made on 9/13/1994 is a preban but on 9/14/1994 is a postban.... The thread on awbansunset.com does a good job of discussing the issue so click the link above!
Top Top