Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/15/2006 1:49:42 PM EDT
Anybody tried this new ammo? Says M193, wondering if this is closer to real M193 or more like a SAAMI load.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It *says* military spec....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anybody tried this new ammo? Says M193, wondering if this is closer to real M193 or more like a SAAMI load.

You'll just have to buy some and try it out.

So will I.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Per Wolf, this is the second phase of distribution of the Prvi Partizan manufactured ammo.  Should be available from additional dealers in the next few weeks.

Sportsmans Guide is offering this same ammo packed in 200 round battle packs for $239.97/1000 + shipping.

Ammunition Store - $209.95/1000 + shipping, cardboard case.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I am really eager to here how this stuff is.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yup, but Ive heard "military spec" before. Curious, if this is true mil spec then this would be the only true mil spec M193 out now. Q3131A/IMI comes close, but good luck finding any of that now too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'll just have to buy some and try it out.

So will I.

Nope, wait till somebody here tries it out first.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
NEVER,
I will load my own first.

wolf

It's a HUGE marketing ploy to get your $$$$.$$
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

To which military?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To which military?

United States if its M193
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone is sending me some.... I will post a review with chrony, pulled bullets, and water jug tests as soon as I can get my hands on some.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
NEVER,

wolf

You heard it here first, folks

I'll never understand why people don't get it that Wolf is just an importer.  This new ammo is made by a completely different company than their steel cased stuff, just like their shotgun shells (Germany), their .22, etc, etc...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEVER,

wolf

I'll never understand why people don't get it that Wolf is just an importer.  This new ammo is made by a completely different company than their steel cased stuff, just like their shotgun shells (Germany), their .22, etc, etc...

Because no matter that we may have new, production M193 (despite shotages of XM-193 and Q3131/A), some people on this board just has to bitch about it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I may try some.

I like their steel cased ammo.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I just saw the stuff today tag for the reviews
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#15]
tag for range report.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:32:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Lots of info about it in the New Wolf XM193 thread. Hopefully there will be a range report this weekend.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup, but Ive heard "military spec" before. Curious, if this is true mil spec then this would be the only true mil spec M193 out now. Q3131A/IMI comes close, but good luck finding any of that now too.

Could be like that Sellier and Bellot M193.  It's 5.56 spec except for the bullet, which won't fragment like regular M193, but otherwise it's the same loading.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok... so I havn't shot an M16 since I got out of the ARMY in 1981. Have not even shot an AR. But I have just picked up a DPMS Panther Bull20 .223-5.56, and I plan to enjoy the hell out of it. As far as breaking in, I plan to follow DPMS specs and advice from this board and use Quality ammo for the first 200 to 400 rounds. But after that I plan to experiance a wide variaty of ammo.

Along with my Panther, I picked up a brick of WOLF. I have read on different boards how people have had problems with laquer coating. Maybe they should have cleaned thier guns better. I broke in my Saige 7.62X39 with green and red laquer Bear, and never had any problems. Very smooth action and CHEAP. I have also read on the boards that people have fired THOUSANDS of rounds of WOLF and wholy enjoyed it with not one single problem. I may not stop buying the so called quality ammo, but I'm not going to discount the cheap sfuff either.

So what is the big deal???

The whole point is to BE SAFE, have fun, enjoy our hobby, and enjoy the practice of our Second Ammendment Rights

Just my 2 pennies.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ok... so I havn't shot an M16 since I got out of the ARMY in 1981. Have not even shot an AR. But I have just picked up a DPMS Panther Bull20 .223-5.56, and I plan to enjoy the hell out of it. As far as breaking in, I plan to follow DPMS specs and advice from this board and use Quality ammo for the first 200 to 400 rounds. But after that I plan to experiance a wide variaty of ammo.

Along with my Panther, I picked up a brick of WOLF. I have read on different boards how people have had problems with laquer coating. Maybe they should have cleaned thier guns better. I broke in my Saige 7.62X39 with green and red laquer Bear, and never had any problems. Very smooth action and CHEAP. I have also read on the boards that people have fired THOUSANDS of rounds of WOLF and wholy enjoyed it with not one single problem. I may not stop buying the so called quality ammo, but I'm not going to discount the cheap sfuff either.

So what is the big deal???

The whole point is to BE SAFE, have fun, enjoy our hobby, and enjoy the practice of our Second Ammendment Rights

Just my 2 pennies.

Good first post- welcome to the forums!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
NEVER,

wolf

Because no matter that we may have new, production M193 (despite shotages of XM-193 and Q3131/A), some people on this board just has to bitch about it.

Exactly, why give a crap about the name on the box? If its good stuff then use it. We will have to see if it is decent. Im willing to bet it will be. But im sure the ammo snobs will crap all over this just because it is "Wolf".
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#22]
JUST ORDER 400rds I will let ya know if its good ammo! I have no chrony?

I bet its good stuff and hey is suppose to be CURRENT PRODUCTION

Anyway I have some cash to throw away !

Im a big fan of over seas M193 type

SA good stuff

IMG good stuff

and dare I say Santa Barbra SS109 Match Grade
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

SA good stuff

IMG good stuff

agree there, but SB? Every shot got stuck in my chamber. That IMG stuff I got was a great suprise, super hot, and decent accuracy. Wish I could get some more of it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I just picked up some XM193 in local store for $135 for 500rd case (20rd boxed stuff). I am surprise that they even have in stock (but that's the last case, lot 111). I will wait to see if the Wolf M193 price go down a bit. If not, I got 2.5K XM193 as my SHTF ammo, and will practice with either GA canned heat or steel case wolf, which are cheaper in comparison to the brass wolf.

As for Santa Babara, the accuracy is good, but their casing is too soft IMO. For some reason when my gun gets hot, it will fail to extract (extractor rip the rim off, result in need to use a rod to punch out stucked case). But there are no supply of Santa Babara in the market anyway so I don't see that as an issue to anyone, unless you can find some more.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Out of all the military brass Santa barbra is the heaviest 105.8 on my dillon scale but that dont mean its tuff I guess
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SA good stuff

IMG good stuff

agree there, but SB? Every shot got stuck in my chamber. That IMG stuff I got was a great suprise, super hot, and decent accuracy. Wish I could get some more of it.

I actually liked the Santa Barbra ammo until I fired it in hot weather. I had a couple stick in my chamber and had to get a cleaning rod to bang the cases out. In cooler weather I didn't have any problems, that may have just been coincidental.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#27]
tagged for range report.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Someone is sending me some.... I will post a review with chrony, pulled bullets, and water jug tests as soon as I can get my hands on some.

Excellent!  Just the answer I was looking for
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#29]
tag
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SA good stuff

IMG good stuff

I actually liked the Santa Barbra ammo until I fired it in hot weather. I had a couple stick in my chamber and had to get a cleaning rod to bang the cases out. In cooler weather I didn't have any problems, that may have just been coincidental.

Same problem with mine, but I didnt try it out in cooler weather. I got a DPMS match barrel, which is notorious for having a tight chamber.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top