Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2005 2:25:07 PM EDT
Finally bucked up and got a WOA-tuned RRA 2 Stage...
I don't vast 2 stage experience, but all I can say is this breaks NICE!

I do have few questions though:

Did anyone else have trouble with excess flash interfering with the trigger slot?
I made the decision to file it down the flash a tiny bit, but I'm not sure what to touch it up with?
cold blue? black nail polish?!

Finally, the supplied pins went in pretty easily...I thought they were a tad oversized?
I doubt they'll walk out, but I expected to have to give 'em a decent tap to get them in.
I'm wondering if my lower might be a hair out of spec.

Sorry for the ramble, just wanted to see if this is unusual or not...?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:21:27 PM EDT
My pins were hard for me to get in on my WOA trigger on my RRA lower...other than that it was/is fine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:05:32 PM EDT
what trigger slot did you file down?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:06:36 PM EDT
Oh, I didn't file the receiver, I just got rid if a bit of flash of the sides of the actual trigger.

So, one of two things was going on; either my lower (Ameetec) has a small trigger opening,
or the RRA trigger wasn't cleaned up enough.

It's weird, all my "low end" M1S stuff (trigger and my upper) fit a bit better than
my fancy CMMG and RRA stuff!

Whatever, it functions fine...it just surprised me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:01:07 AM EDT
Removing a bit of "flash" as you call it is not that uncommon. I have seen the same with the Jewell triggers. Some trigger wells are a bit tighter than others. Don't worry about it. You can cold blue if you want, personally I would not worry about it, it will be just fine.
Top Top