Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 8:04:06 PM EDT
I'm looking for feedback on the Weaver T-6 and V-16 and V-24 scopes.

I was thinking of the V-24 for replacing my NIKON 6.5-20x44 on the Bushmaster V-MATCH 24.
The NIKON would get moved to something else.

The T-6 seems like a good scope.

Anybody with knowledge of these units?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Im almost affraid to reply in fear of offending someone.....I have a Nikon Monarch which I think is as good as any Var X III.  I am currently in the begining stages of a build and am considering a Weaver 4.5-16X40....I think it is a very good scope.....But Im not sure about there ruggedness.......I only wish their tactical scopes were cheaper!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
BM007 - I have the Weaver Tactical 4.5-14X44 on my Bushmaster Varminter.  I was considering the V-24 / V-16 when I was deciding on what to mount.  The tactical was so much more appropriate, and at $500 it is worth every cent over the price of the V series.  

[url]http://www.riflescopes.com/store/departments.asp?dept=255[/url]

[img]http://www.weaveroptics.com/pg5/849445.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got 3 of the Leupold 4.5-14x40's, one is the 'Tactical Mil-Dot' version.  These have GREAT eye relief.
I was thinking about using the NIKON 6.5-20x44 on something else.  It's eye relief was known to be less than the Leupold's, and this scope was chosen for the .223/V-MATCH use because of that.
What I was looking for in the Weaver, I guess, is bumping up to the 24-power for the .223 spot.
The  T-6 might go on a .375 H&H or Ultra Mag, but, that eye relief thing is critical to blind, spec wearing guys like me.
I was thinking of using one of the Leupolds for the .375, too.  I know that's a lot of magnification for the cartridge, but, it'll be nice to not get bashed in the forehead.
And, the Ultra mag will shoot pretty flat and far.
Mostly just fishing around for ideas on how to move the scopes around, and if the Weaver's are good enough to consider.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top