Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/5/2003 9:21:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 9:26:20 AM EDT by Green0]

[ur;]media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/Task_Force_20_removes_bodies_of_Oday_and_Qusay/aac.jpg IN CASE IT WON'T SHOW UP

I think that's Qusay Hussein

In the middle top of the picture you see what looks like a rifle length FF RAS and KAC low-profile gasblock on a 16in barreled M16.

The man on the lower right also has one.

These guys look more like Delta than SEALs but I'm not an expert.

maybe these are "recon rifles"?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:47:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:51:50 AM EDT
Dude on the right is packin a 1911. Gee, I thought only the marines carried 1911s.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:51:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Green0: [url]http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/Task_Force_20_removes_bodies_of_Oday_and_Qusay/aac.jpg[/url] IN CASE IT WON'T SHOW UP hotlinked, but I still can't get to it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:11:40 AM EDT
That looks like an MRE with an EOTech on it, hey, that's my gun. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:37:20 AM EDT
I can't see it, and I wanna play too! No fair! [>Q] I can't get the link to work either![banghead]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:00:21 AM EDT
Chen and the Ricker are correct I think- The guy on the left seems to have a KAC w/ a MRE- you can make out a light w/ flip cap on the other side of the barrel that makes it look like a low gas block. The lower right weapon looks more like a regular RIS/RAS to me with a pistol grip foregrip. Strangest to me are the two gentlemen in the back with sidearms attached to their vests- Are those M26 Tasers? Or maybe there is some advantage to putting your .45 there in some situations...
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:21:56 PM EDT
Originally Posted By notack: Originally Posted By Green0: [url]http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/Task_Force_20_removes_bodies_of_Oday_and_Qusay/aac.jpg[/url] IN CASE IT WON'T SHOW UP hotlinked, but I still can't get to it.
View Quote
[b]Click and drag the link to the address bar in your browser.[/b]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:37:41 PM EDT
Looks somewhat like a Dissipator type setup.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:51:32 PM EDT
Some of those guy's are Task Force 20. Carry what they want.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:34:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 2:35:37 PM EDT by Lumpy196]
KAC FF MRE - note the break in the top rail: [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p1bbd47d9f4acd9d8e7ed0a7f93cbdfa3/fb2c8c23.jpg[/img] Customized 1911s with Surefires generally indicate Marine Force Recon or those guys that dont "officially" exists that are in a movie thats popular around these parts, and since the grips or grip safety dont match up with those on the MEU-SOC pistols.... [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p93b8fe2dbe86797ae2a9cd855eaf1b4c/fb2c8c1f.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:27:25 PM EDT
Who care's about the weaponry! I'm just glad the guy in the blanket is dead!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:44:16 PM EDT
The site that that link goes to has to have some of the best candid military photos I've seen. Nice link. J
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:46:59 PM EDT
Yep thats a good pic. Saw it on that site a couple months ago. Great pics there just don't get into their thread duscussion or your IQ will fall below zero! Whew! Definatley an eotech on an MRE on the left. Guy on the right bending down has a Short bbl. for sure and what at magnified inspection appears to be a FF ras. I can make out the bbl. nut contour. Other guy looks 14.5 at the most. And the guy in front of the MRE guy looks to have a slim bbl.'d 11.5 or some such. Cool 1911 as well. Great stuff.......unless your one of the pig latin brothers! Thanks for the pic GreenO
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:58:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 6:05:52 PM EDT by SMGLee]
Originally Posted By MSTN: WHAT A TACKY LOOKING BEDSPREAD! WHAT KIND OF TASTE IS THAT? OH, THAT'S THE SHITHEAD'S BLOOD... OUR GUYS LOOK GEARED UP. BLACK-SIDE? LOOKS LIKE KNIGHT'S ARMAMENT IS WELL REPRESENTED. I SEE AN AIMPOINT, TOO. BET THE GUY WITH THE EOTECH WISHES HE HAD ONE (JUST KIDDING, SMGLEE!) OAKLEY BOOTS... COOL... LOOKS LIKE THAT WEST COAST GUY'S LOAD BEARING EQUIPMENT... IS THAT THE NEW PELTOR SOUND SUPPRESSION/COMM SETUP? HELMET TYPE? 1911: SAFARILAND 6004 SUREFIRE VERSION S&A MAGWELL 10-RD MAG HE DOESN'T CARE FOR HIS GRIP SAFETY, EITHER. GREENO - THANKS. WES
View Quote
Good eye, Wes, Special Operation Equipement tac gear. I figure the guy with the EOTech probably made the shot on target first since he would be the faster shooter. [:D] I figure that guy saw my setup and decided what a great looking gun that SMGLee has and order his M4 to look like mine. okay, I am waking up now. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:16:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MSTN: HE DOESN'T CARE FOR HIS GRIP SAFETY, EITHER.
View Quote
For me Ive found the Ed Brown grip safety to be the only one that allows consistant engagement with gloved hands...but thats just me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:34:13 PM EDT
Appears the guy bending down has an EOTECH as well. See the underside of the integral mount. Man Chen you have a fan club[:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:45:32 PM EDT
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p93b8fe2dbe86797ae2a9cd855eaf1b4c/fb2c8c1f.jpg[/img] Is it just me, or does the magazine seem to be coming out of the magwell? Or do you tihnk he is using higher capacity mags?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:50:16 PM EDT
As Wes pointed out...10 round magazine.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:54:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MSTN: .... IS THAT THE NEW PELTOR SOUND SUPPRESSION/COMM SETUP? ....
View Quote
I noticed the protective muff right away, but had them pegged as ComTac's. Wes, do you know if Peltor has anything new coming down the pipe?? ComTac's are incredible. I'd venture a guess that any improved model would take the "artificial" cut-out out of the system, possibly even enhancing background noise (voices, etc.).
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:56:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 6:56:26 PM EDT by Wipeout]
Originally Posted By Lumpy196: As Wes pointed out...10 round magazine.
View Quote
THanks [:)]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:23:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2003 10:24:49 PM EDT by Green0]
[b]Good job lightening and enhancing those pictures[/b] "For me Ive found the Ed Brown grip safety to be the only one that allows consistant engagement with gloved hands...but thats just me." Though ugly and not really a tightly fitted or at all custom part, the Chip McCormick grip safety on Kimber 1911's is probably even more positive if you grip the gun it will be dissengaged period. The early 1911 grip safetey's with no bump at the bottom are difficult to work with. I like my grip safety though. I just wouldn't feel comfortable with my 2.5lbs trigger without it. It's kind of interesting that: A that guy got (ie had access to) a S&A magwell but no full-length grips B that he has the hood on his holster rotated forward when he is not using the weapon (maybe the tension screws are very tight?) and in that case maybe he only uses the hood for airborne drops... C Why do all these guys have OD tape on the bottom of there holsters? does it quiet scraping sounds against walls etc. that most likely come from the bottom of the holster? [b]That's the first NON-TEXAS RANGER I've seen with a decomissioned grip safety what do people use when they do that? rubber innertube?[/b]
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:55:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Green0: B that he has the hood on his holster rotated forward when he is not using the weapon (maybe the tension screws are very tight?) and in that case maybe he only uses the hood for airborne drops...
View Quote
The Safariland 6004 has enough tension just from the screws that you can rotate the hood out of the way for a fast draw and still have a secure weapon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:02:11 AM EDT
I'm thinking that the tape on the holsters is to prevent light from escaping the bottom of the holster and giving away position in the case of an accidental pressure switch depression.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:10:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BDHershey: I'm thinking that the tape on the holsters is to prevent light from escaping the bottom of the holster and giving away position in the case of an accidental pressure switch depression.
View Quote
Good guess. I'd venture to keep the sand out when kneeling?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:02:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Green0: [b]That's the first NON-TEXAS RANGER I've seen with a decomissioned grip safety what do people use when they do that? rubber innertube?[/b]
View Quote
I've seen a few 1911A1's that have had the grip safety deactivated by depressing the safety and drilling through both the frame & safety then pinning it in position. I'm not a big 1911A1 fan, but it's very interesting to see them still in use these days... Looking at the picture, it's also great to see the Stars & Stripes being prominently displayed on the uniforms!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:03:24 PM EDT
OAKLEY BOOTS... COOL
View Quote
That's a Salomon logo on that boot - they're way more durable than Oakley SI
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:41:03 AM EDT
Right about the Salomon boots. I'd go with Vasque or better yet Thorogood if I didn't have to wear uniform boots. The Oaklys look pretty futuristic, but I'll tear em up just walking around. I can destroy a pair of boots pretty fast. I wonder about the whole Oakly deal. I know they are big shooting supporters and have an in with the high speed boys. But personally, I like Wiley Romers for shades and the above mentioned boots. I think that guy in the pic has his stuff together. KAC, 1911,Eotech and he's inspecting a head shot on a really bad guy. Would make a good "priceless" commercial.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:12:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2003 9:12:56 AM EDT by Horik]
[LOLabove].......hehe! Priceless! KAC mws...... Saloman boots.... SOE gear...... eotech...... not having to worry about staining a bed spread.....PRICELESS! Sorry, could'nt resist!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:02:21 PM EDT
Nice .45
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:32:44 PM EDT
I bet Oakley donates the glasses for free (good advertising.) If they don't it may just be a case of soldiers on active duty sometimes earn a lot of money with little opportunity to spend it. I like Wiley-X too. But that's because I don't buy $200+ pairs of sunglasses IE OAKLEY's. It's nice to see that the Army lets somebody wear comfortable footwear. (maybe they are comming around?)
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:37:11 AM EDT
Oakely makes the eye safe laser protective glasses that we've started issuing out. So it could be that they were issued (but the laser specs are green). Or - Oakley has always had a sunglass display in every single BX/PX that I've been in. The prices tend to run a bit cheaper on base.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:38:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:35:28 AM EDT
Damn Brad! You are going to be my new reference source! Thanks for the detailed info. Pretty amazing how this pic got analyzed to the pixel!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:55:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:59:22 AM EDT
Brad is the gear guru. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:00:10 AM EDT
Great post Lightfighter! Love your stuff BTW!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:40:08 AM EDT
Brad, Thanks for chiming in and setting things straight. I recently saw some pics of USMC Force and a couple of the operators were wearing what looked to be the Salomon shoes that you posted pics of. Can you give some more info on these shoes and why some of the cool guys are wearing them. This is the first time I've heard of these. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:51:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:52:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:59:26 AM EDT
RE: the Salomon shoes. I have a pair of Salomon Exclaims (last year's model) in low top cut. They are some of the most comfortable shoes I have ever wore. The rubber toe cap adds to the ruggedness of this lightweight trail shoe. I can only presume that these would be just as comfortable, and would perhaps offer a bit more support than my low tops. My guess is they are very comfortable and effective for this environment. It's too bad more troops aren't allowed options like these while in the cities.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:02:19 PM EDT
Brad, Thanks for the wealth of info. If I remember correctly there was an article in SWAT magazine by Pat Rogers and one of the Force guys was wearing a pair of brown shoes simular to the pics you posted.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:12:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2003 3:13:28 PM EDT by GDITheman]
salomon boots look cool, but i don't think they hold up as well as some other brands. more show than go. i do love their ski boots. i don't really like their skis. bindings are great. just my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:00:18 PM EDT
I had an old pair of Salomon's and they held up well for what they were made for. all around hiking shoe. They were low cut. Only pair of hiking shoes I had that were better were a pair of Merrill boots. They lasted years until I lost them. But they were totally leather and heavy as hell. Hardcore work boots! The salomans went through the ringer a number of times and came out as expected for what they were. I liked em!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:53:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2003 8:22:23 PM EDT by JohnM]
The guy on the right is in well worn Altama's and the guy bent over is in tennies? Wonder how he blouses those?
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:39:19 PM EDT
hey brad, just bought two MALICE ver. 3's from you....cant wait to ruckmarch! Bet you'll never hear me say that again. keep up the gear whoring!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 9:28:00 PM EDT
Tennies? They're mid's. above ankle.......[:D]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:45:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 11:36:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BDHershey: I'm thinking that the tape on the holsters is to prevent light from escaping the bottom of the holster and giving away position in the case of an accidental pressure switch depression.
View Quote
Thats exactly the reason.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:36:36 AM EDT
Jedis...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top