Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2006 7:20:04 AM EDT
Before I bought my Stag off list lowers, I bought two of the Vulcan Cali legal lowers. The trigger pin was a little tough to get in.  But, at this point, they function 100% fine. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.  

Over time, will these lowers wear out faster than quality RRA, Bushmaster, Stag ect. lower?  I can't imagine Vulcan makes their own lower.  Maybe this could be the one decent thing they sell??

Just out of curiousity, what parts of the lower will show wear if any?  

(Please, no "Vulcans are garbage" responses. I know everyone hates them. I am looking for first hand experience and/or informed responses)
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:38:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have five Vulcan lowers, with no problems. And Vulcan does not make their lowers, they are sub-contracted out to the same, various, forger's everybody else use's.

Although, I did some major work on a customer's Hesse receivered FAL, where the receiver had some serious "issue's".
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Vulcans will last forever, that is why they are used by speshul forces all around the world.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#4]
if you have to ask about its reliability/ durability.. Why even buy the POS? Because thats what it is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I’d like to know why they claim their rifles have been used in Iraq and Afghanistan by the special forces, surly their not referring to Delta and the Navy Seals are they?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#6]
gmtmaster, you violated the rules against the "I hate Vulcan" postings.  So you know, Vulcan was one of the only ones shipping near real AR receivers into occupied Kalifornia.  I bought two.  Now, all sorts of quality off list lowers are being purchased to build Cali legal AR15 style rifles.

Anyone with facts or technical comments is welcome to post.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
gmtmaster, you violated the rules against the "I hate Vulcan" postings.  So you know, Vulcan was one of the only ones shipping near real AR receivers into occupied Kalifornia.  I bought two.  Now, all sorts of quality off list lowers are being purchased to build Cali legal AR15 style rifles.

Anyone with facts or technical comments is welcome to post.  

Well excuse my desire to pass along the facts...Good luck with your Vulcan...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top