Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2004 8:22:27 AM EST
Greetings,

Can anybody give me any insight on these "carbon/aramid fiber" lowers?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:22:53 AM EST
Try doing a search first. But beware, there are a crew of guys here that feel obligated to bash because Vulcan was once Hesse. I have a had very good luck with mine (uppers and lower).
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:25:26 AM EST
I'm not going to bash because they're hesse. I'm just bashing the whole idea of a composite lower. WTF is the problem with METAL?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:42:59 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:12:49 AM EST
I recent was in volved in a build on a Vulcan upper and lower. It was not easy. Had problems getting the accuracy speaks trigger to work (problem with the way the lower was manufactured).

Less effort to get a standard set-up working properly. Just my .02.

MIke
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:57:12 PM EST
Vulcan/Hesse = "You're fired."
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:50:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By Carbine_Man:
Try doing a search first. But beware, there are a crew of guys here that feel obligated to bash because Vulcan was once Hesse. I have a had very good luck with mine (uppers and lower).

Our group built a S/L U/L Vulcan - I love it and it performs very well so far.

1+
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:57:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By MAP:
I recent was in volved in a build on a Vulcan upper and lower. It was not easy. Had problems getting the accuracy speaks trigger to work (problem with the way the lower was manufactured).

Less effort to get a standard set-up working properly. Just my .02.

MIke

I was "Supervisor" on this buiild (read that as "just watched") - EVERYTHING is a tight tolerance. Problem with trigger group was rear of trigger would hit rear of trigger "pocket" before reaching hammer release point. A few strokes on file on this area giving trigger more travel eliminated this problem and we were good to go. It took a Master Gunsmith to figure this out because it presented itself as a trigger to safety fitting problem.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:44:15 AM EST
Thanks fer the replys!h
Top Top