Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/10/2006 2:02:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 2:02:36 PM EDT by excist_and_reflect]
I have a BM M4gery. Do I need to buy the buffer and tube assembly to make the Clubfoot stock compatible with my rifle? Or do just buy the stock and slap it on? Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:03:55 PM EDT
I believe the BM extension is not mil spec so you'll have to buy to whole package.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:06:06 PM EDT
Man I was hoping I wouldn't need all the extra stuff
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:43:34 AM EDT
I think Longhorn is correct.

But you have another option if you are willing to consider it

You could go with Magpul stocks as they fit yours. Plus, they have just introducded a new stock and if I recall correctly, it has a similar price point as thre Vltor CF.

magpul.com

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:51:25 AM EDT
You'll need a mil spec buffer tube for a Vltor stock. A few different companies make them including Colt, Vltor, and a couple others. I use the Vltor tubes for my 2 stocks. Expensive, but worth it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:24:07 AM EDT
Thanks for the info! I'll look into the Magpuls.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:45:09 AM EDT
These are the only brands that are Mil Spec Tubes ,LMT Colt, STAG, VLTOR and CMT. I don't think I have left any out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:12:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By redfisher:
I think Longhorn is correct. But you have another option if you are willing to consider it. You could go with Magpul stocks as they fit yours. Plus, they have just introducded a new stock and if I recall correctly, it has a similar price point as thre Vltor CF.

This post seems a bit misleading to me.

The currently available Magpul stock is the M93B which uses a proprietary buffer tube. This stocks run around $190 but is considered by many to be the pinnacle of AR15 stock design.

Magpul just released information on a new stock called the CTR. It is very similar to standard carbine stocks. It it not currently available and no specific release date has been given at this time. When the CTR is released, it will be available in both mil spec and non-mil spec versions. The current suggested retail for this stock is $95.

There is information about that has been posted in the past 30 days so if you search for posts started by the member name "Magpul", you will find information on this new stock in short order.

Top Top