Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/8/2003 5:24:28 PM EDT

To anyone that is familiar with these stocks. Will this stock work with a RRA Elite LE Tactical Car A4? If so, do I need to buy any other parts to make it fit? Also, how hard is it to install? Is this something I could do or would I need a gunsmith? Also, any opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance....


Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:33:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2003 5:34:59 PM EDT by SMGLee]
It will not work with the RRA stock. you will need to purchase a Colt buffer tube from a dealer and install the tube and then your Vltor stock. It is pretty simple to disassemble the buffer tube, having a wrench made for disassembly will help. I usually just use a brass hammer and a punch. first you pull on the stock latch so the locking pin clears the detent in the buffer tube. slide the existing stock off. then use the wrench to loosen the lock ring holding the tube in place. loosen the ring enough so you can back out the receiver end plate. once the end plate is backed out. turn the buffer tube until it come undone. be sure to keep a finger on the buffer detent on the interior side of the receiver, it is spring loaded and it will pop out. once the buffer tube come loose, on the end of the receiver, you will see a spring, that is your take down pin detent spring. be careful not to loose it and the small detent pin inside of it. once complete the process, just reverse it to install the Colt buffer tube and your Vltor stock. couple of things, once you have the lock ring tighten, I usually take a punch and brass hammer and knock the ring even tighter, and then I pin the ring against the receiver end plate for a secure mount. but before you do that, make sure your buffer tube is line up straight with your receiver. E-mail Wes @ [url]www.mstn.biz[/url] for a good price on the stock and buffer tube. he is your one stop shopping network.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:42:52 PM EDT
SMGLee, Thank you for the help. I am so new to AR's that I may have to get someone to walk me through or just install the buffer tube and stock for me. Thanks again for the info, I really appreciate it.... _Lloyd
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:41:54 PM EDT
As far as I know, only the A2 and the newer A1 length ones will work on a post ban rifle with a non-milspec buffer tube...so start looking for those Colt tubes.
Top Top