Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2003 8:57:56 AM EDT
Whats the deal with these...they look like lego to me. Are they legal for post-bans or aret they collapisble?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Carbine models are collaspable.  Vltor rifle stock mounted on a carbine tube is not post ban legal, even though at the shortest postition it is slightly longer than A2!  A1 stock as far as I know is just meant to go over a standard A1 buffer tube and has not provisions to go over a carbine tube.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:47:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 7:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
My Vltor lego-stock will kick your CAR stock's butt any day (and that includes Colt's rattle traps).

Rock solid
THE tightest, CAR style stock on the market
Battery storage
Excellent cheek weld

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=24926&iGalleryUnq=235&iImageUnq=11432[/img]

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#4]
When they came out I didnt much like the way they looked either. But I was still VERY curious about them. So I convinced a friend in need of a new stock he needed one. He ordered one from [url=www.mstn.biz]MSTN[/url] and I installed it for him. It was awesome, I think I ordered one within the next couple days. Dont have a bad thing to say about them at all, and Im usually one to think of things I dont like. The cheek weld with the battery compartments installed is 100 times better than anything I have used. The waterproof battery stoarge is a blessing for anyone running optics/lights/lasers or whatever that require batteries. The QD sling mount makes many things very simple, the possibilities of upgrades and modifications available for it make it a very modular and promising design. If you are thinkning about getting one, stop thinkning and just do it. You wont regret it in the slightest. Worst part is trying to decide which you want. If you have a postban, you have your choice between A2 standard or clubfoot version, or A1 standard or clubfoot. Sorry for the slightly blurry photo. Here's my carbine clubfoot model!
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p4fbfd790cabaa51b34cb04b63e36ca00/fb21bd02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#5]
When I got a Crane stock, I thought it was the shiznit - better be at the price I paid for it.  Then the Vltor stock came out, at a fraction of the price of a Crane, with a lot more functionality.  If the Vltor had come out a little earlier, I would never have bought the Crane.  I keep the Crane stock for sentimental and collectors reasons only now.  Magpul is on my list next, as I like to try all the flavors.

Hell, due to the Vltor, there will be a two or four 6-pos car stocks for sale soon - they will even come with KAC QD sling mounts.  Didn't waste too much money there as the KAC QD slings swivels I got works as OEM with the Vltor - awesome!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:19:11 AM EDT
[#6]

The Vltor Modstocks are awesome!  We can keep telling you how great it is but you won't really  know untill you try it and feel it.

[img]http://a9.cpimg.com/image/6F/A8/22686319-0189-02000180-.jpg[/img]

See the link below to my short review.

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=168481&w=searchPop]Vltor Stock Review[/url]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#7]
I gotta agree - I have a non-clubfoot Vltor carbine stock and it is a HUGE improvement over any other collapseable stock I've looked at. Granted, I haven't handled a Magpul stock yet, and doubt I'll ever even SEE a Crane stock.

For about a hundred dollars, it's the best game out there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a bunch of complaints about my VLTOR.  

1. I need more accessories to put on it
2. It makes me part with my money faster
3. It makes me want to shoot my rifle more
4. I go through more ammo
5. I want them on all my AR's

VLTOR stock is one of the greatest single upgrades you can make to your AR for a HUNDRED dollars!
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#9]
What exactly is the advantage of the clubfoot versions over the standard Vltors?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:03:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The non shooting hand supports the back of the stock into the sholder.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]
[LOLabove]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
THAT IS CORRECT.

THERE IS ALSO ONE MORE USE THAT A CUSTOMER PASSED THIS ON TO ME:

"IN A PINCH, YOU CAN USE IT AS A PUTTER!"

WES GRANT
[URL]MSTN.BIZ[/URL]
View Quote

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=205013&w=activePop[/url]

[:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top