Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2013 5:08:33 PM EDT
I apologize if there is already a topic on this, but I couldn't find it.  

Has anyone bought parts from these guys?

http://www.shop.visionarmory.com/

$59.99 lowers.  Free shipping if you spend $60.  Must be a way to get you to add a $5 color to your lower.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#1]
It says their uppers are made from a380 aluminum, so I'm guessing that's what their lowers are too. Never heard of that used on an AR before, but a quick google search says it has an ultimate tensile strength of 46 ksi and yield strength of 23 ksi. Compared to 76 ksi tensile and 67 ksi yield for 7075-T6 and 45 ksi tensile and 40 ksi yield for 6061-T6.

Take that however you want, I have no clue how significant these numbers are
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like they stole Houston Armory's logo.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#3]
And the company is only about 6 months old. I know every company had to start somewhere, but I would like to hear some good things before I give away $60.00.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend recently pointed me to these. Can anyone familiar with the materials chime in on whether the receiver will hold up?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought an upper and lower about 3 weeks ago but had them custom coated. I will report back once I get them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 5:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow that's cheap. Not too keen on using that weak of a material in the upper (I like kb insurance) but you should be fine with a lower.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks pretty cool because the price of a custom cerakoted upper and lower is only $10 more to do both.  

Please chime in when you get them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#9]
link is bad
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I almost bought one of these lowers  a few weeks back but due to the the material used in them and the lack of reviews I held off. The prices just jumped over the last few days and they have updated the product info now comparing it to 6061 aluminum. At the previous price I thought about buying a lower and upper set for a trunk gun build but I doubt I will now that it's $80 for a lower from a company that hasn't really proved they can adhere to the standard quality other companies have.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#11]
These appear to be "DIE CAST" components.

Do not buy!

I know of a couple die cast companies that have tried this route many times for a couple large forum sponsors here. They all failed and it wasn't without the money and resources to make it happen.

It just isn't in the cards for this process. Stick of Polymers if you want to go a cheap route.

Thank you,

Mike in MN

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I joined this forum just so I could reply to this post.  About a month ago I bought 12 Vision Armory lower receivers.  I was very disappointed when they came in.  Nearly every hole was undersize and the finish was terrible on every one of them.  They were not usable.  I emailed the owner to get a refund or exchange.  He said to send them back and I did.  I have not heard from them since.  They will not respond to emails, and I'm out nearly $800.

I'll  post back if and when things get resolved.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered a upper and lower September 3rd.    STILL NO PRODUCT.....

I asked for updates every couple of weeks and he has stopped responding to my emails....

TERRIBLE
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Sad to hear all these negative things about them. I hadn't seen this thread and bought a stripped lower last week, it's en route to my local FFL. Hopefully it will be the exception to the (so far) standard! Brink didn't seem like a bad guy over the phone, of course, he may just have been happy to sell a lower. I'll update once it gets in and I have everything assembled/tested.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I ordered 10 of their 80% lowers and got them in about 5 days. So far I have not found any problems in hole size or other dimensions.  They do recommend that they be finished with either durakote or cerokate due to the presence of silica in the mix causing blotchy finishes.  As far as strength I have built several poly lowers for customers and these appear to be much sturdier than the poly lowers.  I don't know about other folks experience with them, but for me they are good to go.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:16:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These appear to be "DIE CAST" components.

Do not buy!

I know of a couple die cast companies that have tried this route many times for a couple large forum sponsors here. They all failed and it wasn't without the money and resources to make it happen.

It just isn't in the cards for this process. Stick of Polymers if you want to go a cheap route.

Thank you,

Mike in MN

View Quote
They actually SAY they're die cast.  Die casting is better than other casting methods, but it's still casting.  For just a few dollars more than their stripped lower price, you can get a stripped, FORGED lower.  Not a good choice here.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Have you recived your lower yet?
Link Posted: 11/4/2013 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#18]
So I got the Lower in, after the (California) mandatory 10 day waiting period. It looks okay, there are a couple rough spots on the finish, but nothing I am worried about. Function>form. Haven't gotten it put together yet, some financial problems came up and that put my stripped upper and LPK on hold for the meantime. That's all I lack though, hopefully next check I'll have it up and running. I'll keep you posted.
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I used to design stuff that used this 380 material.  It is for casting process.  Nice to make a lot of cheap parts.  Die casting will result in a brittle product.  Better stick with a billet that is machined.  Unless you like small cracks to propagate until your receiver breaks, stick with billet or forgings.  

The casting process leaves small cracks from gas voids that get bigger and bigger until you have a broken receiver.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I just received 12 replacement lowers.  I am very pleased with the quality.  It looks like they re-tooled  and these are
a new generation of lowers (I guess that explains the delay).  It did take a while, but the bottom line is Vision stood behind their product.  I do intend to do business with them again in the future.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#21]
PSA has Anderson lowers for 49.99, why not go that route for a forged lower. They have them with or without the trigger guard. I would have gone that route with my last build, but ended up with a Stag lower for 99 bucks instead.
Link Posted: 11/22/2013 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
PSA has Anderson lowers for 49.99, why not go that route for a forged lower. They have them with or without the trigger guard. I would have gone that route with my last build, but ended up with a Stag lower for 99 bucks instead.
View Quote

Anderson lowers you say?  Read here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/559985_Help_identifying_a_part_.html

I love psa, and I spend a bunch of money with them (I'm a dealer).  I'll pass on the Anderson lowers though.

Eta: I cannot seem to add a web link from my iPhone, so you'll have to copy and paste
Link Posted: 11/23/2013 3:31:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I love psa, and I spend a bunch of money with them (I'm a dealer).  I'll pass on the Anderson lowers though.

Eta: I cannot seem to add a web link from my iPhone, so you'll have to copy and paste
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was not aware of this issue. I guess I am to much of a NOOB, but thanks for clarifying this.

I to like PSA, built my AR through them. Great parts for the money.
Link Posted: 12/4/2013 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So I got the Lower in, after the (California) mandatory 10 day waiting period. It looks okay, there are a couple rough spots on the finish, but nothing I am worried about. Function>form. Haven't gotten it put together yet, some financial problems came up and that put my stripped upper and LPK on hold for the meantime. That's all I lack though, hopefully next check I'll have it up and running. I'll keep you posted.
View Quote

So I finally got all my stuff in to build my lower, I put it together last night. The only problem I had was that the cerakote finish made the bolt catch spring hole tight, had to open it up a little bit. First time I put it in it got stuck and took me about 30 mins to extract. All the other holes were good though. Honestly I like it, I won't be throwing it on the ground or running it over with trucks so it suits me fine. Thanks Brink!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top