Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2013 4:58:50 AM EDT
Ran across some Herter's 223/55gr soft point match grade ammo, brass cases and bullets made in Finland, according to the info on the packaging. The 20rd  boxes are silver/black not the current tan/orange color. Not clear where the cartridges were mfg/assembled, printed on the box "Herter's Inc. Ammunition  Division Waseca Minnesota USA". I'm sure it isn't part of the current crop of steel cased 223 Herter's ammo made in Russia and my guess it's a good 30 years old or older. Any info on this ammo would be appreciated, the ammo has been stored in a sealed USGI ammo can with no signs of corrosion.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Checking GB I saw one box of Herter's 222 match ammo listed with quite a few bids, box is the same color/design (silver/black) as the 223 and I have a feeling this ammo is a lot older than 10 years, maybe 30 or more. I'm sure some "older" member will remember this ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top