Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/19/2004 7:50:30 PM EDT
Anyone out there have any experience with this sling? It is the sling used on the RRA DEA/FBI carbine. From what I can see it looks like it functions like a 3-point sling, but is a 2-point sling. This may be the sling I've been looking for!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:32:35 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a good, versatile sling.  I have seen several 3-Gun shooters using this sling and my Unit procured them for our M4's.  V-Tac now makes a wide one too.

God Bless America
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one and like it very much.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto.

It is the most easily and quikcly adjustable tac sling. Plus it is about the only tac sling that actually can help as a shooting sling.  You can tighten it so it puts pressure along your back, tightening up your shooting position (I'm talking kneeing, sitting, prone not really offhand/standing).  Not as good as a ching sling for shooting but better than nothing which is what the other tac slings do for shooting positions.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies!

Do any of you have issues with the trailing end of the adjustable part of the sling?

Does this sling let you wear the weapon in a good, muzzle down and left mode?

Does the quick release work well and is it pretty secure against accidental disengagement?

Thanks again...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
My company issues these for our M4's. I've also used it with AK's. Works well, easy adjustment, and you can cinch it up to make a tight shooting sling.
I've had no problem with it loosening while carrying it.
I haven't had a problem with the loose end of the adjustment strap, it seems to take care of itself, LOL.
Good sling. Kyle Lamb is a serious 3-Gun shooter and active duty military. His stuff has a lot of thought put into it for real world use.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like I found the sling I have been looking for...now if only my carbines would come in, I'll have something to put it on!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Just a quick follow up..

I had an brief email conversation w/ Mr. Klye Lamb. He seems to be very customer oriented. If anyone is interested, I can give feedback when I get my Viking Sling.

Thanks to all...
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top