Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 6:50:30 PM EST
Anyone out there have any experience with this sling? It is the sling used on the RRA DEA/FBI carbine. From what I can see it looks like it functions like a 3-point sling, but is a 2-point sling. This may be the sling I've been looking for!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:32:35 AM EST
This is a good, versatile sling. I have seen several 3-Gun shooters using this sling and my Unit procured them for our M4's. V-Tac now makes a wide one too.

God Bless America
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:37:48 AM EST
I have one and like it very much.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:56:37 AM EST
Ditto.

It is the most easily and quikcly adjustable tac sling. Plus it is about the only tac sling that actually can help as a shooting sling. You can tighten it so it puts pressure along your back, tightening up your shooting position (I'm talking kneeing, sitting, prone not really offhand/standing). Not as good as a ching sling for shooting but better than nothing which is what the other tac slings do for shooting positions.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 1:22:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/20/2004 10:14:02 PM EST by Spectre1]
Thanks for the replies!

Do any of you have issues with the trailing end of the adjustable part of the sling?

Does this sling let you wear the weapon in a good, muzzle down and left mode?

Does the quick release work well and is it pretty secure against accidental disengagement?

Thanks again...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:45:08 AM EST
My company issues these for our M4's. I've also used it with AK's. Works well, easy adjustment, and you can cinch it up to make a tight shooting sling.
I've had no problem with it loosening while carrying it.
I haven't had a problem with the loose end of the adjustment strap, it seems to take care of itself, LOL.
Good sling. Kyle Lamb is a serious 3-Gun shooter and active duty military. His stuff has a lot of thought put into it for real world use.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:12:01 AM EST
Sounds like I found the sling I have been looking for...now if only my carbines would come in, I'll have something to put it on!

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:20:30 PM EST
Just a quick follow up..

I had an brief email conversation w/ Mr. Klye Lamb. He seems to be very customer oriented. If anyone is interested, I can give feedback when I get my Viking Sling.

Thanks to all...
Top Top