Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/12/2004 12:41:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2004 12:42:01 PM EST by Epeeman]
Does anyone know where you can pick up one of these babies?

http://www.rifleslings.com/us_m16_sling.htm

(scroll down one pic, to the green sling)

I'm "building" an old M16-style rifle and I'm trying to use the right stuff whenever possible. I've tracked down the old pre-A1 buttstock and pistol grip and I've got triangular handguards. I was gonna use the Garand-type OD sling but I believe it's not quite right. Wasn't a sling used in Vietnam that was basically the old Garand sling except with green nylon instead of the old cotton canvas, like the one in the link above?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:52:44 PM EST
Quantico Arms. You have to call, the sling you're looking for isn't on the website.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:18:40 PM EST
From a different thread:

Moore Militaria has one for $10.00, located most of the way down the page.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:17:48 PM EST
I believe 3 slings were used in VN. The nylon sling you mentioned was made for the M14 but apparently used on SOME M16's. I think the standard cotton (green)M1 sling was the most commonly used. I also believe the black "silent" sling was used towards the end of the war. Either the cotton or nylon slings would be "correct" for the era rifle you are trying to duplicate. The "silent" sling is by far the most common now (at least in the Army). I'm not sure what year it came out but a lot of M16A1's had them.
Top Top