Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2005 6:26:29 AM EDT
i need to find a good source for a light two pound trigger spring. My one ar has a horrible 4 pound trigger and it has been in need of fixing for several years. I got a super light one from my buddy but he got it at a show back in the 80's :). you breath on the trigger and i clicks nice and smooth with no overtravel and reconnects with almost no pressure release.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:26:38 AM EDT
JP sells a set for about $12 to $15 dollars. Springs are coated with yellow paint for ID. HOWEVER: I modified my hammer to get it to work.

Trigger pull weight? 2.75 lbs. 100% reliable.

Modification? Saw off the back of the hammer spur. In other words, lighten the hammer weight.

Caveat: Works fine with Federal's NATO/LC brass 62 grn ball (the stuff in the AE box) as well as Remington 55 grn factory and the new Polymer coated wolf 62 grn JHP.

DO NOT EXPECT THIS COMBINATION TO WORK WITH HARD MILITARY PRIMERS. Look up Speer/CCI's website and go read about the difference between their regular Small rifle primers and their Military rifle primers if you do not know what I am talking about.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 10:55:24 AM EDT
I don't think you can achieve 2 lbs pull weight with just the trigger spring alone. The hammer spring along with the trigger/hammer share a majority of that pull weight, so a complete set of hammer and trigger springs would be required just to get a lighter pull than standard weight. For the springs set, Brownells list a few manufacturers (JP Enterprise is one, but I can't think of the others) for this item.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:36:39 AM EDT
COOL THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. YEAH ON THE FIRST ONE I HAD TO CUT THE HAMMER A BIT BUT MAN IT WAS WORTH THE TIME. tHE AMMO I USUALLY RUN THROUGH IT IS WINCHESTER WHITE BOX AKA WAL-MART AMMO AND IT WORKS FLAWLESS. i DONT USUALLY LIKE TO USE EXPENSIVE AMMO WHEN I FIRE IT CAUSE IT GOES WAY TOO FAST WITH THE TRIGGER :) WHO SAY ar'S CANT BE BUMP FIRED HEHEHEHEHE
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 5:10:19 PM EDT
ummm, a standard 8? lb trigger can be bumped..
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:44:08 AM EDT
yeah but it wont do 900rpm. :)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:25:10 AM EDT
I love my JP trigger setup...it feels about 2 1/2 lbs. and super smooth, no over travel. I can bump a whole 30 rnd mag in about 3 seconds. I can even bump from my shoulder looking down my EOtech if I concentrate. I absolutely would buy it again. BEST $100 I've dropped in my AR...fun too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:23:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Arsenal:
yeah but it wont do 900rpm. :)

Sure it will; you just need more practice
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:19:24 AM EDT
exactly , what you have is a completely legal FA weapon :) I found that being able to bumpfire from an aiming position to be a nice surprise aswell.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:44:58 AM EDT
I've got the reduced power JP springs & they work pretty good for the money.

I'm curious though, how are ya'll bump-firing from the shoulder?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:42:45 AM EDT
It took about 6 mags before I was able to do it, and sometimes I can't get it right away. You have to have a LIGHT trigger and hold the rifle very light against your shoulder/cheek and very light in your trigger/grip hand and very strong in your foregrip hand. Pull trigger with a lose finger, hand very loose on grip, and pull forward with the foregrip hand. Wallah, before you know it, you'll be dumping 30 semi-accurate (key work being very SEMI) rounds in a matter of seconds.

I would never rely on this method in a SHTF scenario as it is not consistant. It sure is fun at the range though, hehe.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:23:38 PM EDT
Just fire it like a piantball gun using your middle finger to rattle the trigger. I got my 03 angel marker to fire 14 paintballs a second. I got my rock river arm's m4 to do about the same :) Just shoulder it good and tight and just practice using your middle finger to rattle the trigger.
Top Top