Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2003 8:42:03 PM EDT
Today was a great day at the range...surprized myself on how well it went.
What is it you ask?....PCR-4 20" w/ muzzle brake, A-2 iron sights.

I started at the 50yd range, 5 shot sessions. I kept looking at the paper and thinking "damn, I couldn't have missed that bad...". When I walked up to the target, I saw that I hadn't missed, bullets were going thru the same hole,almost.

Then I moved to the 100yd range, same 5 shot sessions...this time was 1MOA or less. Now I'm getting spooked cause this rifle has never shot that good in the past.

Now, I climb the ridge to the ~135yd marker...but this time I switch to balloons blown up to a 6-8 inch diameter....pop..pop..pop,etc. Waaay too damn easy, however, I did especially like the one with a little towel wrapped on the top of.

This is still a fairly new rifle. I've probably shot no more than 650 rounds thru it. Maybe the thing is just now getting broke in, but whatever is happening , it sure was a tack driver today.

Now I'm thinkin', if the PCR-4 can do this...wonder what a PCR-1 SUM match bbl with a Leupold scope could do????

What was I shooting?....Q3131A, mostly. I also brought along a magazine of Black Hills V-Max BlueBox. The Black Hills did hold the tighter long range pattern, but not by much at these distances.

Kinda felt sorry for the guys on the 25yd range with their AK variants. I attributed the 2 wide right flyers due to smirking at the time.

Never had a single FTE since I've had this rifle, all the parts fit together like a glove,all the USGI mags lock in and drop out just like they're supposed to, and nothing has turned purple either.

This is a damn fine piece of machinery in my book.

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had a very similar experience with my Oly PCR 7. Having been issued various A1s and A2s in my time in the service, I am quite familiar with the M16/AR15 line of rifles. That's why I am so impressed with my Oly. It meets or exceeds the Government issue standards, in my book. I don't understand why so many on this board badmouth the Olympics. Granted, they may have had some bad ones in the early days, but they have been making them in-house for 18 years, I think they have got it right now. I will buy another Oly, a PCR 4, as soon as I have the money saved up. With Olympic, I felt I got more than I payed for, after pricing the Bushys and Colts.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear you like your Oly.  The are going for a good price too.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 12:10:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad you had so much fun. It feels good to be "on". The towel on the balloon is funny. Have to try that. [:D] Why the sympathy for the AK variant owners?
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Great to hear your feedback. Ditto for me too. Ain't this fun!!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Like I've said before, I'm an ArmaLite guy and have been for 'A' while.

However, I have a preban Olympic that shoots REAL fine !!  (FF guards, fluted barrel, Harris pod, old 2.5X10X40 Leupold......grab it and go.)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top