Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/16/2005 4:05:45 PM EDT
Folks -- I want to put a vertical handgrip under my standard, round, middie handguard, i.e., I have no rails. Is there a solution set to this and if so, who makes it and where can I find it (links would help).

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:18:34 PM EDT
GG&G Makes the "UFIR" (Under Forearm Integrated Rail) that bolts through the holes in the handguard, and also a vertical foregrip to fit it. They can both be purchased through board member "Brightflashlights" in the Equipment exchange (he's also got the best prices, too).

I used a UFIR for awhile, and while it does the job, a vertical foregrip attached to standard AR handguards is not very durable, or secure. ANY rotational force on the VFG will cause the handguards to twist. I switched to a Sure-Fire M73, and it locks up solid as a rock. I did keep the GG&G foregrip, though; it isn't the best, but for me, it works well.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:11:16 PM EDT
I would suggest a First Samco M33. I used one with a VFG for a while.

They're pretty cheap, but still solid enough for a VFG and light. They aren't as good as a metal rail system, but I still think it's a step up from bolting something on standard handguards.

The nice part is if you buy one, you can split it and have lower rails on two carbines.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:27:23 AM EDT
Take a look at Advanced Armament's rail (in Brownells). Guys on my team have tried numerous different one on standard 6 hole handguards and this one has been the best and is very reasonable. I have them on tow of my own carbines and run it on my Commando at work. It takes quite a beating now for about 3 years. Good luck
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:37:56 AM EDT

Originally Posted By HRoark:
I would suggest a First Samco M33. I used one with a VFG for a while.

They're pretty cheap, but still solid enough for a VFG and light. They aren't as good as a metal rail system, but I still think it's a step up from bolting something on standard handguards.

The nice part is if you buy one, you can split it and have lower rails on two carbines.

A big +1.

Also, if you just need the 6 o' clock position, one set of M33's will allow you to outfit two carbines.

Another nice thing about the M33's is that they don't make your gun look like a damn space gadget. It still looks like an AR after you install them.
Top Top