Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2002 9:35:13 PM EDT
When looking at AR stuff, I sometimes feel like that guy in the coffee commercial that orders coffee, and is presented with two dozen different types of 'regular' coffee.

So, vertical foregrips?  They all seem to run about $40-60 depending on if they are pistol grip or broomhandle grip.  

Right now, I'm leaning towards an 'angled' broomhandle grip from Falcon Industries.

What do you use, and how do you like it, and what else did you try that you DIDN'T like?

Link Posted: 9/13/2002 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire M900! It's a forward pistol grip, with a very powerful main light (pictured here with the tip off blue filter) and two LED navigational lights. I was reluctant at first, didnt know if I would like the forward grip. After using it about 4 or 5 months now, I love it. VERY useful additions to just the grip!

Link Posted: 9/14/2002 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
new-arguy, I think your grip probably cost a bit more than $40 - $60!  :)
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, yeah, thats true. Does cost a SUBSTANTIAL amount more than $40-$60. But(!) you also get a lot more than just something to hold onto. It's someting that will increase the usefulness of your rifle... At least thats what I tell myself
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 8:49:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I have both the KAC broomhandle and the Falcon straight broomhandle.  I like the KAC a lot more.  It is tapered and thinner, and you can grip it higher.  The only pro of the Falcon is that it has a hollow storage compartment.  the diameter, however, is too small to take the button batteries for an OKO.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Let me preface this with the comment that I do not like vertical foregrips.  That being said, I think that the KAC is the best of the bunch.

I don't use them on my rifle, but at a recent tactical match I was forced to borrow a friends weapon which did include the KAC vertical foregrip.  One of the COF's required the shooter to go prone and engage precision targets at 50-75 yrds.  You were not allowed the use of a bipod.  The KAC vertical foregrip made an excellent "MONO-POD", and was used with excellent results.  The KAC verticle forgrip also allowed for a very stable roll out from a barricaded position.  I don't think you could have used an angled grip for either of these scenarios.  I installed a lower rail on my new tactical rifle, and will acquire a KAC verticle foregrip for just such occasions
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 9:12:29 AM EDT
[#6]
When was the last time you used the light to shoot or is it just a preventative thing?
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#7]
At the last tactical shoot we had at night. There are several targets and not all of them are "shoot" targets. Without the light, you cant tell the difference and you'll never know who to shoot and who not to. The light actually has many uses, target ID is just one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 1:26:16 AM EDT
[#8]
M900A , absolutely !

You'll get an amazing light plus the best vertical foregrip available , no dubt.

Just remember to get it with the switch on-switch off tail cap , this is an important detail.

PP out
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 4:40:13 AM EDT
[#9]
PP, a little off topic, but glad to see Italy is on board for Iraq.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#10]
GLOCKshooter,

Thanks a lot,I'm very glad and honored too.

Thanks God with our last new govnmt we are on board for Afghanistan too , we have almost 1.000 men going to replace the Royal Marines soon.

They'll come from Susa "alpini" mountain troops regiment, from "9th COL MOSCHIN"  SOF para-raider regiment , from "Leonessa" and "Tuscania" para-regiment, as you see they are all highly specialized grunts.

I have a lot of mates in these units ,knowing them  I'm sure they'll honor the name of our nation.

Thanks,

PP out
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one of the pre-production Ergo Grip foregrips. I like it a bunch. They are now in production and available from Brownells under Falcon Industries or Cav Arms.

www.brownells.com/Product/index.asp
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Ever think of why that pistols are not made with round pistol grips? Grips on pistols are not round as it would go against fast reaction as to where you are aiming, instinct. The same goes for forward grips, the round ones are not quite as fast and accurate as the non round when you have to react instinctively. The surefire and Arms forward grips are the two fastest/ accurate to use out there, and are also the fastest to remove if hung up in barbwire, briars, etc. Pistol grips are not really practical out side of urban terrain such as doorways, ally's, plus caves, thick jungles, close and personal. Not much good on the long range shots.                                        Good Shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 2:23:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know of a vendor that carries the ARMs 23 grip (besides going directly to ARMs)? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#14]
www.sableco.net sells all of ARMS stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Surefire M900! It's a forward pistol grip, with a very powerful main light (pictured here with the tip off blue filter) and two LED navigational lights.

Looks very cool - seems very usefull - but $400 !!!???

A pistol grip and light combo that cost as much as the upper I am putting it on?  I think Sure-Fire thinks a little too highly of their own products.
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 10:29:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Those folks who have bit the bullet and paid the price probably wished they didnt have to. But once they have, nothing could replace it!
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
....... nothing could replace it!

Well written .

PP out
Link Posted: 9/17/2002 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have one of the alloy grips, like this one on the DSA website:

Thoughts on this compared to the standard KAC grip?

Chris
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#19]
mrcr0603:

The grip in question is made by DPMS and is a very close copy of the KAC, except made of aluminum instead of delrin.

I have one on my M4, and it works great. It is a shade heavier than plastic (but more durable, IMHO) and will abrade the finish on your accy rails with repeated installation and removal.

Link Posted: 9/18/2002 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I just bought a LNIB KAC vertical grip off the EE and I love it.  Yesterday, I ran into a fellow at the range with the Fobus grip and I didn't like it much.  But the 'broomhandle' KAC grip is very comfortable to shoot while standing/kneeling.  It also makes a handy monopod when shooting from a bench.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#21]
See here:

www.brpguns.com/foregrip.htm

I love mine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:18:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Just in case anyone is looking for one, AAC (Advanced Armanent Corporation) has a package deal that includes the KAC foregrip and an accessory rail that mounts on standard handguards - $99.
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 5:34:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Is there a heat issue with the aluminum grip?  If not, that looks like a winner.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2002 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#24]
GLOCKshooter:

I have no heat issues with my aluminum foregrip. But then, the rail system it's attached to free-floats the barrel and doesn't pick up a lot of heat itself... different mounts may produce different results.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top