Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2003 9:27:03 AM EDT
Who makes a good vertical fore grip and where is the best place to purchase one.

Thank you for your input
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Knight's, ARMS, GG&G, Falcon Industries, Olympic Arms, Bushmaster...these are just a few companies that offer vertical grips. Unless you have a pretty good idea of the type you want, you got a lot of shopping around ahead of you.

[url]www.brownells.com[/url]--higher than a lot of places, but ultra reliable
[url]www.sableco.net[/url]--Good prices, AND service
[url]mstn.biz[/url]--A little higher than some places, but also ultra reliable, and if you need advice on your desired set-up, go here
[url]www.gggaz.com[/url]
[url]www.bushmaster.com[/url]
[url]www.cmmginc.com[/url]Good guys to deal with, here

I'll most likely go with a Knight's for mine, and I'll probably get it from MSTN.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the Fobus (First Samco) forward grip.  Its one of the lightest, it has to be slid on so its very secure, the push button makes it an easy on/easy off affair, and its one of the more reasonably priced units.

I found I actually like using it 'backwards' as the finger grips aren't aligned right for me.

New versions of this grip allow storage on the inside (spare batteries for your Surefire).

The Bushmaster BMAS grip is a heavy unit - almost twice the weight of the FOBUS.  Its so heavy it basically steals back almost all the weight you saved going to the M4 profile.  Like the Fobus it slides on/off but it locks into postion by a twisting motion.  I didn't care for this as much for two reasons.  The first is during use I can accidentally twist it and loosen the unit.  The second is it locks into place by friction from a piston arrangement.  Twist too much and you can damage your plastic (Fobus) or aluminum rails, it is however inexpensive and looks similar to the KAC unit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I will second the Fobus version.  Very well made and light weight.  It also is more secure than the other versions.  I am very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I cant seem to find that Fobus fore grip anywhere.  Anyone got a link?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 1:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Magwell.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't find the FObus?

Try:
www.fulton-armory.com
www.firstsamco.com
www.bluepress.com
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]
KAC!  Dieter !  GG&G!  Them's my preferences!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]
After reading Yojimbo's post about his M4 buil-up, I've decided I'll be going with one from [url]www.advanced-armament.com[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top