Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/19/2002 10:03:10 PM EDT
Ok, I need some advice here.

I placed an upper on order with a vendor in early August. The vendor informed me that there would be an approximate 4 week wait on the upper, due to the fact I requested one with chrome lining.

I said this wouldn't be a problem, and as far as I knew, terms of payment were when the upper was ready to ship sometime in late August or early September, I would be notified, he would be paid, and the deal would be done.

Well, come the first week of September I requested an update on the status of the upper, as I had not recieved any word, email or otherwise. I recieved a prompt response back that the unit was due in about a week or so, as it was out getting the chrome lining applied. Great! I acknowledged that email, got to looking again at the vendor's website, and sent another email asking that if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, to add a Otis M16 buttsock cleaning kit to the order. I never recieved a confirmation email or any other acknowledgement.

Well, it's been two weeks. No word has yet been recieved on the status of the upper, even after repeated emails. The issue is that I'm going to be moving here very soon--and this was a very sudden thing, and happened in the span of about four weeks starting a week after I ordered my upper. We ended up getting a new place, and now own it, and we'd be moving soon. I wanted to let the vendor know that I may be out of communication for a few days or longer due to moving, and if I could please have a status update, and never recieved a response. I really didn't want the vendor to email me that it was ready while I was in the middle of moving with no access to email, or try to call me that it was ready only to find a disconnected number due to my move.

Still, no response.

So, what should I do? Assume that the vendor cannot or will not fill the order and find another supplier? Or email that I will need a status update or some kind of acknowledgement or I will be forced to cancel the order?
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 12:43:51 PM EDT
Top Top