Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 10:12:44 AM EDT
Would anyone care to share their opinions & experiences with R-Guns, Carpentersville, IL?

I am considering ordering a rifle from them to ship to my FFL.

Thanks for your advise.

Alex
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bought 2 lower recievers from them already and plan on buying a couple more from them. No problems
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a 6920 from there.  fair dealers now.  check archive for thread concerning RGUNS past.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:42:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have bought two A2 lowers and a pistol from them. At the prices the lower went out the door for, you would be hard pressed to build for cheaper. Also I have bought alot of accessories such as mags, barrels, buis, and Eotech from them. Always happy with every purchase except for last year's calender.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Dealt with them years ago during the ban.  Bought a few complete blue label Colt 6520 uppers and lots of Colt 30 rd mags.  No problems.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I just recently purchase 2 DPMS 308 rifles from them.
In stock, arrived from IL to WA in 1 week. No problems.

The guy taking the phone calls is a gruff no nonsense kind of guy, but once you get past that, they deliver.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#6]
RGUNS used to post on here. Made for some highly entertaining threads

From the archives.

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=169132

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=158829

There were no shortage of these babies back in the day

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
R-Guns Delivered!

I called and e-mailed R-Guns several times over the past three weeks to inquire about ordering/purchasing a DPMS .308 M4 carbine as advertised in their web site: $975 with standard hand guard, $1075 with quad-rail. Each time they told me that they had not received any yet, but were expecting them in a few days, so to call back.

Last Friday I called again, admittedly without much hope, but lo and behold, they had received them! had
They shipped the same day, Friday, it arrived yesterday Tuesday, and I picked it up today ($20 transfer fee). It came with two 20-rd magazines, sling, cleaning kit, manual, etc. in a hard case, and it looks great.ht,
Just thought you may like to know…

Alex
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
PLease post a range report in the AR variants forum:)
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I purchased a lower parts kit from them years ago with no problems.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Their storefront is literally 30 seconds from my house.

Great people to purchase from.

I remember about two years back, I went in and saw a 20 round Colt AR mag, and they had them for 16 bucks.  Always wanted one just for shits.

Only problem was I had 13 bucks in my pocket.  Asked the guy the price of the mag, and he said 16 bucks, and I said I'd have to go pick up a few more bucks from home.   He asked me how much I had on me, and I said 13 dollars.  

He said "good enough for me" and sold me the mag for 13 dollars.

I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them before that point, and even more so after that point.

Really decent people, no doubt about it.  I've stood behind them ever since I went into their storefront, and from what I have seen, since that point, they have yet to disappoint anyone.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:58:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
PLease post a range report in the AR variants forum:)

I'll be glad to do so.

Alex
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:10:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks! There is a lot of interest in the DPMS carbines.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Posted first range report in the AR variants forum.
Thread Title:  "Just picked up my new DPMS Panther .308 M4"

Alex
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top