Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 3:54:29 AM EDT
Looking for a little advice in purchasing a scope for my new build to be used for varmit hunting. Something that is a good performer but doesnt break the bank. I will mostly be using it for daylight shooting.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#1]
burris
swfa super sniper
trijicon accupoint

depends on the distance you plan on shooting at along with a definition of "breaking the bank"
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:02:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Take a hard look at the Leupold VII 6-18X40 one inch tube fine plex with Target Turrets. SWFA carries them at about $450.00. It is an excellent choice for a 223/5.56 Varminter.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Weaver Grand Slam 6x20x40 Adjustable Objective.  You won't find a better varmint scope for $335, imho.  It compares with a Leupy VX 3, in terms of glass/clarity, etc.  

I took the recommendation of the folks at SWFA to get this over a more expensive Leupy, and I've been very happy with it.  It's bright, crystal clear, and the very light reticle doens't obscure any small targets.  It's got a bona fide "quick focus" dioptor style adjustment in the back.  

I've had a couple of Fullfields IIs, and I think the GS is a better scope...a little more expensive, but it's just better all the way around.  

The Super Sniper is a great scope, but the fixed magnification won't be anywhere near as versatile as a variable.  

I'd get another GS in a minute.  

There's a 3x12 GS in the EE that's been there for a while at $200.  I don't need another scope, but I've had to fight the urge to buy it several times.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the imput.
Saves me alot of research time
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top