Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2004 10:16:44 PM EDT
I'm in the process of building a ar-15 varmint(praire dog,coyote) rifle. I want quality but don't want to spend an arm and a leg. What brand fo you recommend and what do you recommend that i stay away from.

thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
for me I like bushmaster
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA in stainless all the way for me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:21:25 AM EDT
[#3]
A valid question that I would be interested in seeing some specific information on why Bushmaster, RRA, etc., is preferred by individuals (I am also in the market for one). Not picking on anyone, but why does a person prefer one over another, i.e., what pertinent features does your particular model have, what kind of groups have you been getting with a particular ammo, how has the reliability been, quality and fit of parts, type of optics you are using, etc., etc.  In addition, if you own or have owned a similar weapon from another manufacturer, how do they compare in your experience.  Nothing like firsthand specific info, invaluable in my opinion.  
Kevin
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like Bushmaster but its a little too pricey.
I'm leaning towards RRA at this point from what i've seen and heard at this point.
I already have my lower. Its a Bushmaster and now i want a 24" FF stainless but don't want to pay out the ass for it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#5]
i have the RRA, its heavy! also if you have a bushy lower be prepared for the possiblity of a REALLY tight fit, it might take some "persuasion" to get the upper in at first, but itll loosen up after some use.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#6]
RRA varminters are top notch but they are HEAVY!

I would recomend getting a RRA/Wilson match SS HBAR and puting it on a flattop upper with a FF tube. Same bbl quality and basic setup as the varminter but without the weight.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#7]
i have a varmit kit from jt dist. and absolutly love it so far the gun shoot sub moa even with me behind it.. the kit is fairly priced and goes together good
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks-
I guess i'll be going with the RRA( I don't mind the weight)
My competition bolt gun is heavy as hell!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top