Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 9:04:35 PM EDT
My next project is a varmint AR. I want to know what upper/barrel/scope combinations you guys are using, and what the results are. I am willing to buy top dollar parts if I need to, but if I can save some money on an off brand (J&T, Model 1) that would be great, if I dont have to sacrafice accuracy. Results is what I want, not any particular name.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a RRA varminter AR.  It's the 20" flat top w/ 1/8" twist.  Quite a tack-driver.  Easily capable of sub-moa, especially w/ the heavier bullets and if you do any hand loading.  Haven't done much w/ factory stuff, but so far I got 2 loads that shoot better than 3/4" at 100 yards and just this morning I got a 1/4" 3 shot group and a 5/8" 5 shot.  It's the complete RRA rifle, and it came with a nice 2-stage trigger.  I'm using a RRA 1 piece mount and a Simmons 44mag 6.5-20x scope.  Rifle=$800 Scope=$160 Mounts=$40, so about $1000 into this gun.  If you just want an upper, they run for about $480 at adco or sableco.

Edited to add it uses a Wilson BBL

[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top